Guess the grade--NGC 1936 Buffalo Nickel

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lehigh96, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Please guess the grade of this Buffalo Nickel. I am guessing it will take 2 pages to get the right answer. Somebody impress me please!

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

MS-66

What a GREAT looking Buffalo Nickel! Excellent strike. At first I thought it might be a Proof but I don't think it is. Then again it could be a proof - one of the early '36 Proofs before the Mint changed to the Brilliant Proof version.

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

66 66 66 - a perfect 66

5. walterallen

walterallen Coin Collector

This coin is hot! At first glance I saying to myself 65+, while looking closer for any problems with this coin frankly I haven't seen any.. The reverse toning pattern is only going to get better over the coming years. WOW!

This is a hot package, the rim on this coin looks exceptional, as do the objects and fields of each side. Very Mint! MS67.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Allen

6. nickelman

nickelman Coin Hoarder

I'm going to say MS-67.

7. srkjkd

srkjkd Book before coin

wow!! what a gorgeous coin!!!! i have a hard time just giving a coin an ms65 grade but this is at least an ms66. great strike..so incredibly clean and lustrous. i would be honored to have this one in my collection...thank you so much for sharing!!!
    my very best wishes...steve

8. gocamels

gocamels Learned Blockhead

I'm going with MS-67. And I agree with everyone else - this is one of the nicest buff's I've ever seen.

/edit to add -

I just saw in the title that it's graded by NGC, so I'm going to add the * designation to my grade and say their grade for it is MS-67*

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Out of ignorance, PR67 type 1

10. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

I think you might have something PR68.

11. becky62

becky62 Collector

I'd give it a 68 at least, I see no problems with it or on it. PR? Rims are really sharp. A really sweet coin!

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

PF-66 is my guess. satin finish. The edges look sharp, and if it's not a proof, it is the cleanest business strike I have ever seen!!

13. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

RLM is too good. Congratulations, you nailed it.

[​IMG]

14. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

DAng, you posted the answer before I got to respond. :D (I would've been off though, my guess would've been MS-67. :D Still, beautiful coin, that's a keeper!!! :thumb:)

Phoenix :cool:

15. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

And we did it in 1 page. :) :)

Draft saved Draft deleted