Guess the grade--NGC 1935-S San Diego Commem

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lehigh96, Jan 25, 2009.

?

Guess the Grade

1. MS65

25.0%
  2. MS65*

12.5%
  3. MS66

37.5%
  4. MS66*

25.0%
  5. MS67

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. MS67*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Guess the grade of this 1935-S San Diego Commemorative Half Dollar. These photos are mine and they show the color of the coin very well. An interestingly toned piece to say the least. Anyway, guess the grade in the poll above.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

VERY nice coin Lehigh. Stunning. I am having a hard time with whether it is a 66 or a 65. I'll say that NGC gave it a 66*, but I am still on the fence on my grade for it. This one is tough for me for some reason. I do know however that it is a great looking coin, IMHO. :thumb:

Phoenix :cool:

4. Jako lipo

Jako lipo New Member

those white specs at 2 a clock on the obverse are on the holder i assume? Really stunning coin which is my personal grade of 65* and i bet NGC gave it a 66. How much did you pay for it? cause i got to get myself one

5. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

I'm pretty sure it looks like an MS-65, but NGC probably gave it a MS-66, nice one! :D

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

They are on the coin and there are quite a few of them, not just at 2 o'clock and at least 1 on the reverse. My guess would be somebody coughed or sneezed in proximity to that coin at some point in it's life.

7. Jako lipo

Jako lipo New Member

well if thats the case then i would lower my grade to a 64 with ngc grading it a 65 possibly star because of the otherwise nice toning and surfaces.

8. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Not much interest in this one it seems.

[​IMG]

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

It is not as colorful as most of your coins. Speaking of colorful, did you see thepennylady's latest pic'?

Draft saved Draft deleted