Guess the grade #91

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rlm's cents, Oct 11, 2010.

?

1957- NGC Grade?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2010.
  1. 62

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 63

5.6%
  3. 64

16.7%
  4. 65

22.2%
  5. 66

50.0%
  6. 67

5.6%
  1. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

1957- NGC slabbed

NOTE: If you don't vote in the poll, your vote will not be counted.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Another nice toner!

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

5. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

6. Coinguy56

Coinguy56 Member

7. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I am going to close this and http://www.cointalk.com/t133992/ tomorrow.

BTW, where are all the players? So far we have less than half those of the last round.

8. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

MS-65 RB...wow what a reverse :)

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I like this coin. I missed most of the color on the obverse, but it is mostly muted. The reverse is almost as nice as the 57-D. Maybe most of all, I like it because it only cost me $7.26 - and the sellers pix were not too bad. If I could just find a few more like that to go with this one. Anyway, I see only one nick on the obverse. Why would it not make 66?

Attached Files:

10. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Sheez....good deal I'd say. Do you want to sell it for $8 bucks and make some cash ;)

11. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

I've been wanting to put together a set of these common date, nicely tone cents...... Prices are wild. I've seen these posted for $100+ by some dealers, and then found similar, worse and better one's on the 'bay for $7-$25..... It's probably something that a copper toner collector could put together at a very reasonable price if they are patient and stay on top of 'bay offerings... wonderful eye appeal,, and budget friendly. Nice posts RLM's.

12. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I have quite a few of them. It is just that most of them are not slabbed. Those you can pick up at a reasonable price with a little looking.

13. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

slabbed ones are out there too with a bit of looking... maybe not 66's, but probably nice enough to get in a toner set.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1957-D-Lincoln-Cent-PCGS-MS65BN-Great-Rainbow-Obverse-/190453795113?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item2c57ee4929

.. I run across these all the time and stop and pause and think about it... but still working on getting my certified bust dime and half for my slabbed type set
    ,,,, so have to maintain myself.. lol.
    One day I'll get to a working on a nice 50's toner set... just need time to get there.

14. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Yep looks like a solid coin you have there ;)

15. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Hits to the obverse forehead and tick on the top left of the wheat stalk....it's a tweener IMO.

16. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

Draft saved Draft deleted