Guess the grade #392

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rlm's cents, Jul 7, 2012.

?

1955-S NGC Grade?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2012.
  1. Genuine/details

5.0%
  2. 62

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 63

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 64

10.0%
  5. 65

15.0%
  6. 66

60.0%
  7. 67

10.0%
  8. 68

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

1955-S NGC slabbed

NOTE: If you don't vote in the poll, your vote will not be counted.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

4. ReaperRuler

ReaperRuler Resident Numismatist

5. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

6. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Nice 55-S. A few minor nicks and a small blemish. I'm seeing full mint luster here. Voting 66.

7. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I went 66 but a 67 wouldn't suprise me .

8. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

MS66 RD, but really hoping it's a 65 (I accidentally pressed that answer), however that depends on the the severity of the marks on Lincoln

9. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

thats why I chose 67. I to think its a 66 though I have a feeling it got a 67

10. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

11. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Super strike and nice luster. Even with the nicks, it might still have gotten a 67, but there are a couple spots. They are too small to be lethal, but they are there. Without them, it would have been a tossup between a 66 and 67 to me. With them, NGC and I agree on a 66. You pretty well nailed this one.

1955-S NGC 66-1 SL.JPG

12. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Irish2Ice increased his lead and bahabully pulled into second. The next couple of round could prove interesting. the next 4 to drop off the tail end are probably the 4 worst rounds ever. That could well screw up the scores depending on who played.

Top 10. Columns are rank, name, average, and number of guesses.
    1. Irish2Ice 0.366 43
    2. bahabully 0.414 31
    3. Leadfoot 0.414 31
    4. Shoewrecky 0.435 24
    5. ldhair 0.444 38
    6. BadThad 0.455 46
    7. rzage 0.526 40
    8. jcakcoin 0.533 47
    9. Lincoln Cents 0.565 24
    10. mark_h 0.575 42

13. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

.455, staying in the middle of the pack with my one right one wrong guessing. I could probably use a good drop the score credit!

14. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

Insainly hard to stay on top in this game.. if you manage to stay on the top 10 I think you've done very well. btw, haven't seen it posted in some time, but thanks again for persisting this grading event. I know it's a lot of your time and I'm sure everyone is appreciates it. When did this start?, this has been running for over a year now, right ? Wow !

15. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

You must have missed more that you played then. It started 06-04-2010 07:22 PM http://www.cointalk.com/t111879/

16. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

I think I've played the entire set.. but dang, time does fly. I remember you posting waaaay back then that you had enough to play for around a year and a half.. good heavens RLM, do you live in a copper home ?.... amazing collection ; )

17. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

ha.. just read the old post. Raider, where did ever go, that guy could peg a grade on everything from a pet rock to a dunkin doughnut...

18. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I'm pretty sure Dick knows how much this thread means to a lot of us , but in never hurts to thank him again . Thanks rlm .:thumb:

19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I have had a great deal of fun with this over the last 2 years. Thanks rlm.
    Without a lot of work, is it possible to post standings based on all 392 coins?

20. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Actually, no. First off, if you remember, the fist 2 groups of 50 were separate individual contests rather than a continuous contest. i.e. the winners were only posted at rounds 50 and 100. Even the 292 since then have become so massive that I have had to split them into 2 separate programs of 4 pages each (and it will be time for a third soon). Otherwise, it would literally take minutes just to put in each new name or move out a retiring player (otherwise, I would be hunting people from 400+ (?) separate names). It might be possible to combine selected individuals (top 10, say). I will look at that and see.

Draft saved Draft deleted