Guess the grade #209

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rlm's cents, May 14, 2011.

?

1946-D Grade?

Poll closed May 24, 2011.
  1. 62

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 63

7.1%
  3. 64

7.1%
  4. 65

7.1%
  5. 66

50.0%
  6. 67

28.6%
  7. 68

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

1946-D PCGS slabbed

NOTE: If you don't vote in the poll, your vote will not be counted.

NOTE:
    I will be out of town next weekend. You will get 10 days for this and the next round.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

Solid MS66 RD

4. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Interesting die cracks on the coin. I went with 66, but could see where this may go as a 67.

5. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

If pcgs doesn't give that baby a 67,,, dang em'.

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Looks very solid with allot of luster :)

7. swhuck

swhuck Junior Member

My feelings exactly.

8. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

9. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Super luster! NICE!

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Nice cracks. I'll go 66.

11. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Not too sure when I will be able to get to these. I came to Fort Worth mostly to baby sit the grand kids while my daughter went to Las Vegas. She was supposed to be back today, but they canceled her flight because of the storms at DFW (15 miles down the road) Sunday. She finally managed a flight through Houston and then they canceled her flight from Houston due to tonight's storms. All of the tornadoes in OK managed to go well south or north of my house, but the hail hit here and managed about 10+ dents in my car. Nothing unmanageable, but......

12. WheatiesFan

WheatiesFan New Member

love all your wheats rim...im a big wheat fan.glad you didnt get any more damage...

13. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

A couple interesting die cracks on the obverse and the wheats are a bit marginal, but the coin has great luster and nearly mark free. I guess PCGS said the pluses outweighed the wheats and gave it a 66. I think I would also.

Attached Files:

14. BadThad

The luster on that coin appears amazing based on the pics. I think 66 was very conservative. I think they dropped for the mushy reverse. I wonder if it would make 66+....not sure how old that slab is.

15. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I cannot tell you how old the slab is either, but I bought it in 2007. That is long before they had their "+" system.

16. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

I was worried about that reverse on the right side being a bit too soft to make the strike requirements but couldn't tell if it was the pic or not. My guess is that coin is easily 67 in NGC plastic. It's nice to see PCGS holding the line.

17. BadThad

Yea, I think this coin tells a story of the differences between NGC and PCGS.

....or....

It follows in my theory that PCGS randomly picks a coin now and then to demonstrate how "tough" they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted