GTG Robert E Lee. CSA Half Dollar.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Pickin and Grinin, Jun 3, 2023.

?

What is the grade of this CSA

1. AU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Slider MS60 to MS63

13.3%
  3. MS64

26.7%
  4. MS65

20.0%
  5. MS66

26.7%
  6. MS67

13.3%
  7. PL

6.7%
  8. DPL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. +*

6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Yeah. I think it's better than 65, too. These delicate PL surfaces are prone to marks and the only distractions on this one are the die polish lines which were there from the onset. In addition, it's a awesome strike. I think it could easily command higher in the market.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

It definitely punches the 65 grade. and no doubt PL. I looked up a few that had more breaks in the frost on Robert. One was a 66 PL
    I am satisfied with the grade as there is very slight contact in the field infront of his forehead and nose. Some of the mirrors are gone at the rim around Gen and Lee obv. The hardest part of this grade was that we don't see the coin enough to judge how a TPG will grade them.

eddiespin and Cheech9712 like this.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

I am by no means an expert on these but yours appears to be a different finish. Like PF versus MS. Mine has more of a matte appearance. The mintage on these wasn't very large so I can see him taking the time to make 2 sets of dies.

I purchased mine as part of a graded set of these that Heritage sold several years ago.

Lee194701.jpg

6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Good for you.

7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

That’s for sure

8. Pickin and Grinin

When I was searching grades I saw a few, like yours looks like I need to finish the set and get the other die pair.

Chris B likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted