gtg 1896 morgan ngc old fatty

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by heavycam.monstervam, Jan 25, 2015.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I love these gtg threads.. its like sending in to cac(sorta) what do you guys think? I know my photo skills need an overhaul and lighting is horrible, but i have faith in you guys! o_O:troll: CAM00724.jpg CAM00722.jpg CAM00725.jpg CAM00738.jpg CAM00744.jpg CAM00747.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to make this one a wild guess, since I can't really see the obverse very well. 64?

4. heavycam.monstervam

CAM00749.jpg
    These photos actually show a few scratches that you wouldnt even notice in hand.,,

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Oops! You blew it by showing the serial number.

Chris

Morgandude11 likes this.
  6. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

That's a little better. I could go 64 or 65.

7. heavycam.monstervam

There i took it down

8. cpm9ball

How do you consider it cheating when I told you of your booboo? Did you notice that I didn't post a guess? People with thin skins should clip their nails regularly.

You want mine? I was going to say AU58 because there is a lot of wear (no, not a weak strike).

Chris

geekpryde likes this.
  9. heavycam.monstervam

I am the one w thin skin? Thanx for the laugh... i was asking the question because i consider it cheating to run to ngc website and come back w the answer... you could of simply.said hey new dude take the pic down w the cert # so the cheaters wont cheat.. but instead you tell me basicaly i just wasted time... and both of your replies in this post make you sound like a blow hard jack tard

10. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

11. cpm9ball

Another mid-30's kid! Hey all you cheaters, don't bother going to the NGC site. The coin is over-graded.

Chris

12. heavycam.monstervam

And u sound like a know it all... theres no wear on this coin AT ALL,,, its not a kennedy.. these rub around in the bags..theres hardly a. Mark onthe whole coin! Obviously u did cheat btw how else would u know its overgraded?

13. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Wait, I feel cheated. There is a prize for guessing these? I'll have to keep the TPGs bookmarked.

14. heavycam.monstervam

Haaaaaaaaa
    Good one hommer!

15. heavycam.monstervam

Hey 9 ball, since you know all about my coin and its cert#. Ill let you do the honors and give the big reveal.. say tommorow 8pm? Dat good 4 u??? We'll due ribbon cutting @ 730

16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I like the toning on the coin. I didn't look at the NGC site, but I also think it's AU58. Based on the previous posts, it must have graded MS.

17. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You did blow it and in several ways. There was no need for you to act like this. There was nothing said that should have upset you. I would have guessed AU-58 from the first images.

geekpryde and rlm's cents like this.
  18. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Pretty clean, can't evaluate luster from the photos. I will say MS64.

Morgandude11 likes this.
  19. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Love the toning and look of that coin, in the proper pictures.

20. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I was thinking 58 from the pics but from responses I'm guessing 64

21. heavycam.monstervam

Act like what? Stick up for my self.. i was taught that way and i teach mine the same. All the guy had to say was take the pic down w the cert #.. i made a mistake that coulda been easily fixed.. dont precede to tell me how to act on here...ive learned alot from this site already... learn whos post to simply scroll past... some cant grade here and some dont know how to talk to newcomers.... but there are a few i have respect 4 because they have earned it... u my friend know which list u will be on

Draft saved Draft deleted