Future price prediction for silver & gold

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by anchor1112, Sep 17, 2005.

1. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

let's predict and estimate the future price of silver & gold. its ratio on gold against silver. world gold & silver production. world silver & gold coin mintages. new york spot prices. gold & silver mining. and american silver & gold eagles.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

silever was up 25¢ per oz. yesterday. So, I predict my dealer will increase the price he charges me for junk silver in his shop.

4. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Anchor....the prediction of a commodity is just that a prediction based upon economical data sets and trends in inflation factors. Needless to say I think there are powers above us that limit the upward movement in Gold, as well as all other metals..I think they are call the controling "Governments of the World".
    With all the debt this Country has it 's currency is volatile and therefore looses purchasing power in the World markets. There are huge international plays that effect the dollar almost every business min. Will we see 1987 again with Gold over 800.00 Oz? I do not think so..I do think we will see near to mid term 500.00 gold, $1000.00 Platinum, 9.50 Silver and 200.00 Paladium. I see the powers to be holding a upper threshold for the metals to keep their currency solvent and not to hyper inflated...read the articles on Kitco's web site and you will get 3-4 different perspectives...set your profit limit and when reached..sell and run like the wind!

RickieB :cool:

5. OldDan

OldDan 共和党

The $9.50 price range for silver that Rick talked about, sure looks good. If it would get there and then sustain itself at that price, several silver mines around these parts would re-open. They are sitting on mountains of the stuff, literly but the cost of recovery and operation keeps them shut down.
    When the price gets to the right level, they can supply enough silver for this country and half of Europe. just bragging! But they have a lot of silver, you can count on that.

6. silvrluvr

silvrluvr Senior Member

I would think that in the future it will cost more to mine and process silver than it does now simply because of inflation. I know that silver is frequently a byproduct of other mining targets, but it seems like everything costs more to make over time.

7. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Predictions are difficult, especially the ones about the future.

I think it is enough to develop a confidence through analysis on the direction, and the direction for silver seems to be up. Mining is a very energy intensive operation, so higher oil and gas prices drive up the break even point for the old mines.

All things considered, I think the direction is up.

8. Morgan Dollar13

Morgan Dollar13 New Member

Gold-500
    Silver-10.00

9. coldhardcash

coldhardcash Member

I think we'll see $500 gold too. Does anyone here know why the Platinum/Palladium ratio is so wide right now?

10. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

gold and silver

since most of the people predicted gold at 500.00 and silver at 10.00. then it should go that direction soon. but right now ratio is 64 to 1. is that means silver will only be around 8.00. but, who knows. it might be 10.00 or even 11.00. the best price for silver is to reach 20.00. then every coin collector will be happy.

11. Morgan Dollar13

Morgan Dollar13 New Member

64 to 1? It used to be only 16 to 1 lol

12. OldDan

OldDan 共和党

Wrong! Regardless of what the price of silver becomes, my silver coins will not be up for sale. It wasn't the last time silver went up, and it won't be the next time either.

It's really quite simple. I'm a Coin Collector...not a speculator!

13. bulldawg

bulldawg Senior Member

If I was any good at speculating futures I wouldn't have to be working the hours that I work now.:)

14. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

gold and silver

do you know if gold-silver ratio is still at 16 : 1 at this time around. silver price will be $28.68 per ounce to gold $459.00/oz. and the american silver eagle uncirculated coin will cost you $35.00 to $40.00 each. and the proof version will be $110.00 at least from the u.s. mint. and the proof commemorative will then be around $140.00 each. the scrap u.s. silver assorted coins will cost you $20.00 to $21.00 per dollar. keep dreaming.

15. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

anchor, why do you assume that the price of silver is the one to change if the old ratios were to return? Why wouldn't the price of gold change (too)?

16. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

silver and gold

silver hit over $7.30 this morning. gold at $463.00 +.

17. happycobra

happycobra Senior Member

I wont be happy, I’ll be PO’ed. :p I want to buy not sell.

I’m predicted gold at 500.00 and silver at 10.00 like the rest.

18. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

gold and silver

now new hurricanes keep coming. gold and silver will hit new high again as well as oil and gasoline. that's keep stocks share down. you gain from one side and lost the other one.

19. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

direction for silver

i think silver will go up to $8.50 to $8.75 very soon. possibly within few days.

20. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

silver price

silver hit a recent high of $7.50 per ounce. i predict it will pass $8.00 soon.

21. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

I like your thinking.....

I buy my coins and bills with the hopes they increasde in value to be sure... but even if they increase 30x i doubt i would sell!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted