Found 2000 P sacagawea dollar coins, it could be goodacre presentation coins

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by usmarble, Aug 22, 2010.

1. usmarble

usmarble U.S Marble

I Found 2000 P sacagawea dollar coins, it could be goodacre presentation coins could some one with experience with sacagawea coin's view them and tell me if they are the right one's. I just uploaded pics, and here is the link to view them.

http://marblegraniteslabs.com/coins/2000p.htm

Thank's

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. y2kkoinking

y2kkoinking New Member

seems like dirty or overheated coins

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm thinkin' you need tail feathers that look like this.....

Attached Files:

5. BR549

BR549 Junior Member

All 5000 Sakies rec, by Goodacre were encapsulated by ICG and labeled as such. The coins she rec. were "specimen" coins with a satiny finish.

I have no idea what you have, look up burnished Sakies.

Note: Green18, the tail feathers you show in the image are from the Cheerios boxed coins. A whole different animal.

Newcoinboy2018 likes this.
  6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

And none of the presented have any characteristic similar to the true ones, IMO. All, with possible exception of the first, have a large number of marks, whereas the original 5000, besides being slabbed, were specially selected and seem to be in the 66+ range. Even #1, show weakness between the babies head and the designer initials, which the 5000 shouldn't since they were strongly struck. U.S. Marble, can you tell us the origins of these dollars and why they are said to be possibly presentation coins?

Jim

8. usmarble

usmarble U.S Marble

Thank you very much for viewing these coins, I really do appreciate everyone. I got $100 dollars of these coin's from the bank last week, these 7 coin's look so diffrent from my other 2000 P sacagawea dollar coin collections, I have about $500 dollars of these coins, all $493 2000 sacagawea dollar coin look the same, but these 7 coins look the same and diffrent from my $493 2000 sacagawea dollar collections. I do not have much experience with these coins, but they feel and look diffrent to me. I'm going to upload better Images of these coin's, the coins look alote better in person than online, every time I scan these coins, it looks dirty or overheated.
    Thank's
    Armik

9. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

They are not Goodacre coins. They look like run-of-the-mill circulated Sacagawea dollars to me. The 2000-P is the most common of the entire series with a mintage just over 767 million coins. What you have is $7 worth of tarnished/stained coins.

10. Rick wever

Rick wever New Member

So how can you tell the difference between goodacre coins and regulars coins

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

See post #5 (link)......

12. Newcoinboy2018

Newcoinboy2018 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted