Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by eric6794, Dec 14, 2017.
Log in or Sign up to hide this ad.
@green18, to get the other half of my brain back??? ‘cause it sure looks to me like this is a normal coin with some kind of muddy substance smeared and worked into the crevices of it.
I really do want and need the other lobe back, please.
Of course YouTube isn't helping any.....
The FB marketplace is also full of dealers trying to buy up the nice stuff and then roll it onto eBay or right back to FB after about a month.
When the FB marketplaces first started and you got in one before it started getting tons of members, then you could get good deals. But everyone wants to make money and not give stuff away.
I've lost my trust on what is real and what isn't real.
Misprint during the casting process.. Hahahahaha what an idiot!
It's Environmental Damaged Garbage!
This is a fine example of why I've long refused to apply the title of "dealer" to any schmo selling or wishing to sell coins. By my definition, such people are best described as "sellers" whereas the "dealer" moniker is reserved for those both able to offer additional value (beyond the coin itself) to their customers as well as possess a level of professionalism sorely lacking in the vast majority of the aforementioned type.
There you go, "nickle" is misspelled. Should be n i c k e l.
1) I don't want someone figuring out where I live and coming to kill me over some stupid pieces of metal.
2) I don't want to deal with the aforementioned lowballers who will offer you 2x face for silver dollars or complain when your asking price is similar to a LCS web-published buy prices.
3) FB Marketplace is, as far as I know, not moderated at all (FB provides zero customer service for Marketplace...I've tried.) I've sold laptops for my father on FB Yard Sale Groups, which are moderated. If you screw someone over, or act like a fool, you get banned from the group. FB Marketplace is where all the creepers hide out. Creepers like the kid who offered me $100 for a $800 MacBook Pro...when I repeatedly and politely declined his offer, phew...did the obscenities and insults fly. And that's just one example. Another? Who shows up to buy something without the money? Someone who's been kicked out of a Group, that's who.
4) I no longer try to sell coins on Craigslist either. Especially here in STL (aka Murdertown). I always remember trying to sell a group of about 200 decent non-cull IHC for bargain basement prices. Had a guy agree to meet me and buy them all. Met him, sat there for 30 min while he picked through them, then tried to buy FOUR of them at the same rate. Who calmly packed them all back into the tube and quietly walked out? This guy.
5) Yes, I have also driven somewhere to meet up with someone (who showed up late, of course) who had cheap silver dollars. If they had been named through a public voting campaign, they would have been called Fakey McFakerstein.
6) I once posted a WTB ad for coins. I actually put my buy offer price in the ad...and it was immediately flagged by other jerks because I wanted to pay better than they did. Put the ad back up, it was flagged right back off.
Like you said, the only coins I ever see on FB/Craigslist are modern pocket change, bulk-quality world coins, or coins with images so blurry you can't tell if maybe it's just a mirage, and it was all just a dream...
That pretty much reflects what it turned into here as well, but was this way even 6-7 years ago. It's sad because at one time it wasn't a bad venue at all, but like everything else, once the shysters catch word all goes to hell.
So... I'm guessing it's safe to say he didn't like the offer you "through-ed" him?
sometimes you just cant throw an offer
Separate names with a comma.