Civil War note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by connor1, Jul 14, 2009.

1. connor1

connor1 Collector

This Civil War note shows a southern soldier killing a northener as he crushes an eagle under his boot.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. connor1

connor1 Collector

Actually the Centurian Soldier is suppose to represent the CSA ( south) and the woman is suppose to represent Lady Liberty the USA (north) and the Eagle a symbol of defience.

4. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

actually, thats a cool vingette :D

could you show the rest of it? i dont know much about CSA notes.

5. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Please show the rest - looks cool to me.

6. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Yes, very cool.

7. connor1

connor1 Collector

Here is the rest of the note.

Attached Files:

8. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

nice note! Alot of cool artwork on it, i love that super elongated 5 that is sideways onthe bottom :D

9. connor1

connor1 Collector

Yes ,the engraving is good but like most CSA notes the paper is very thin almost like cloth.
    The CSA purchaced high grade paper from England later in the war and blockade runners delivered some shipments of watermarked paper (CSA).
    The North would conficate this high grade paper when the ships were caught,some of this paper was actually used to print US Fractional Currency & can be identified by hold note up to light & seeing partial CSA watermarks.These notes are sought after & command a high premium.

10. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Hello Connor1...

How are you?
    I am sorry to have to be the one to correct your statement but this is not a CSA note. All CSA notes say "Confederate States of America" on the note.
    It is classified as an Obsolete Note known as the South Strikes Down the North.

In AU it runs for ~ $85-90.00 USD
    So I would think that an CHCU example would go $110to $135 maybe a little more at best.

Here is the reverse of the note.

Nice Obsolete, I like it alot.

Regards,

RickieB

Attached Files:

11. connor1

connor1 Collector

Hi Rickie,
    Thanks for correcting me I didn't know that.Nice reverse picture of the Obsolete note.
    I paid $40 for it 10 years ago,I have a few obsoletes mostly Am. Bank Note Co. some signed & some are remainders.The engraving is nice & some intresting vignettes.
    The Am.Bank Note Co made sets of vignettes in the 80s,I have 6 complete sets in proof condition.
    Thank for the info on Confederate Notes
    Connor!

12. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Connor a lovely note, can I ask if you could do a close up of the left hand side would love to see that bit of the design :hail:

13. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

My coin club has several of these every meeting (twice a month) up for auction. I LOVE looking at them, but they are out of my budget for now....

bob

14. silverstruck3

silverstruck3 Junior Member

is this note for sale?

15. connor1

connor1 Collector

No, I'm keeping it ,but look around or ask on forum they are not rare.
    connor1

16. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Very nice note , and thanks for telling about the CSA watermarked paper used by the Northern States .
    rzage

17. connor1

connor1 Collector

I only heard of it being used on US fractional notes.Due to the small size of the fractional only partial CSA watermark can be seen.

18. connor1

connor1 Collector

Hi, I don't have the note handy it is in my safety deposit box,I take pics before putting them away. The vignette on the left side is of an eagle with it's chicks,I ran it through Adobe Elements & sharpened it a bit but it's in a plastic sleve ,a bit blurry.Check the threads another pic of the reverse ,maybe he could take a closeup for you.
    connor1

Attached Files:

19. connor1

connor1 Collector

CSA Watermarked Paper

I found a good link that gives info on what issue fractionals used the CSA paper on USA Fractional Currency
    http://uns0uled.com/specimens.html

This specimen was for a fractional shield (narrow margin)

Attached Files:

20. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Ohhh just thought I would share some of my Dixie notes. Traci :pencil:

Attached Files:

21. connor1

connor1 Collector

Nice collection of CSA Notes !

Draft saved Draft deleted