BIE Lincoln 1957 error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JohnnyBlanco, Mar 20, 2024.

?

What is it worth if anything?

1. Are these worth anything?

100.0%
  2. Do it only happens in 1957

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JohnnyBlanco

JohnnyBlanco PROOF OF ACTION

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

As to your question, no this is not just limited to 1957, there are many other years with BIEs. They are relatively common and a quite a few are still available in circulation. These used to go for a good amount of money but in recent times the prices have plummeted. To the right person your coin is worth about 20 cents. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You might double your money, maybe a little better. The S&H will kill you, however. "No" on the other question. Awesome pictures.

VistaCruiser69 and JohnnyBlanco like this.
  5. JohnnyBlanco

lol thanks

6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Been collecting for better than fifty years and still haven't gotten my hands on one of those..... As the others have said, no real premium to speak of... But they are cool.

JohnnyBlanco likes this.
  7. 2Old

2Old Active Member

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I have 3 examples of BIE on 1994 Copper Plated Zinc Cents..
    01.JPG 03.JPG 02.JPG

9. JohnnyBlanco

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

BIE cents can be on any year as it’s caused by a break in the die. They bring a small premium, very small.

paddyman98 and JohnnyBlanco like this.
  11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

JohnnyBlanco likes this.
  12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

They are only worth what a collector of such an issue is willing to pay for it. For example, I once visited a flea market out in Pennsylvania and a vendor had a album of "Mint Errors" available. Most were really not errors or varieties but there were a few misaligned die strikes, Finned rims and BIE die breaks. I purchased 2 good BIE examples for $5.00 and took them home with me.

JohnnyBlanco likes this.
  13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

No, Ed, I mean these websites. I mean, if you think about it, really think it over, these are very substantial investments in time. How can you hold down a real job doing this? Did you click any of the links? I don’t see how you can. This must be all these people do in life, their only talent. There must be some kind of ROI, return on their investment. What is it? That’s all I’m wondering.

14. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Why? Because I've got dozens of Wheaties with the "BIE" that I found in circulation. I figured its as common on the copper pennies as plating blisters are on the zinker pennies, well almost anyways.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  16. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I know, right? And I have plundered many thousands in my years.... Nary a one.

Draft saved Draft deleted