Another 38-D Buffalo arrived... GTG if your interested.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Jul 21, 2017.

1. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

So another one of these has found it's way to my mail box today. I don't know what it is about these and why nice gold toned ones are so addicting. I've never smoked in my life, but I would guess they are a lot like cigarettes in that I know I should stop buying them, but every time I see a good looking one, I just have to have it. :)

I know there have been a lot of GTG's on these and if you would like to take a stab at it, go for it. :)

1938-D-Buffalo-Nickel-Obverse.jpg 1938-D-Buffalo-Nickel-Reverse.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

MS 66 ...looks nice, lustrous, and mark free...I don't get tired of these either; in fact, I saw a fairly nice toned MS 66 yesterday, but a hit right on the cheek stopped me from bidding...your example shows fewer marks than the one I saw yesterday, so I'll add that your coin appears to be a high end 66.

jtlee321 likes this.
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

66 plus. Nice!

jtlee321 likes this.
  5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

65+ D/S FS 515 sweet coin womm 004
    D/S southeast :pompous: interested ???? :nurse: Meet Nurse Betty please follow her as she's going to ask you to pee in a cup!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    jtlee321 likes this.
  6. silverman987

silverman987 Member

Ditto, thinking it's a MS 66 or 67 on first glance. Great details, sharp strike, hardly any dings or bag marks. Beautiful coin.

jtlee321 likes this.
  7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

MS-66 FH

jtlee321 likes this.
  8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

MS66 rattler!

jtlee321 likes this.
  10. Bruce DiLego

Bruce DiLego Member

Ill take a stab, MS 66 based on this OGH MS-65 that I have that I feel should be a 66 1938-D1.jpg 1938-D2.jpg

jtlee321 and CircCam like this.
  11. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Did you post it on ebay recently? If so, I think I saw it. Apparently CAC thinks it should be higher... hehe .......edit: just checked, and it was a different one I saw

jtlee321 likes this.
  12. Paddy54

And for that reason alone you guess lower if I an OGH or a rattler you just don't see a lot of higher grades in them.

jtlee321 likes this.
  13. ed wood 654

ed wood 654 Grader & Entrepreneur /Aviation Executive

Very very nice high Mint State coin. I would say easy possible 66

jtlee321 likes this.
  14. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

15. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, Justin. I bought these two some time back for the same price ($22), and one was a D/D without the designation. I absolutely love lustrous MS 1938-D Buffaloes.
    1938-D-D o-r.jpg 1938-D o-r.jpg

jtlee321 likes this.
  16. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I was checking on @Paddy54 's comment. I also think it could be a womm-004.
    MS66

jtlee321 and Paddy54 like this.
  17. Paddy54

Well the top is an 002 rpm and the bottom one is also an rpm .....but my eyes are done for today searching for varieties .

jtlee321 likes this.
  18. Paddy54

Hey look everyone Ed Wood got a new ride...... see it pays being rich....:greedy: and it's green too....the color of money!:woot:

19. Bruce DiLego

Bruce DiLego Member

Sorry, I am trying to upload pics for a new conversation to see if this 1935 buffalo looks like a DDR FS-803 to anyone else? How do you add photos to a new conversation? 1935 buffalo1.jpg 1935 buffalo3.jpg

20. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

Holy cow! How did I miss the other one??? Now I feel sheepish. I guess I was just too focused on the more apparent 002 RPM. LOL. Thanks!

jtlee321 likes this.
  21. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Yea, there was a bidding war between pcgs/ngc, so ICG stepped in and offered him the car as a sign on bonus

Draft saved Draft deleted