2017-(P) American Silver Eagle NGC MS70 First Day of Issue (Black Core Holder - Mercanti Signed Labe

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by redcent230, Jun 11, 2017.

1. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Why is this cost so much from McM ?? They are asking about $500. each. I mean like these are just bullion and the asking price is so high. It is Not like the 2015 (P) another bullion coins with their speculation of less than 80K came out from just the "P" . I mean like do they know something no one knows ??

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Because there are [strike]idiots[/strike]buyers who will pay that money.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

They aren't just bullion to the collectors market for them which does exist. The 17(P) are still rarer then the others but not are rare at the 15 hence the lower price. The price might come down in the future since the (P)s are very hot right right considering this is the first year people found out they were even made.

5. redcent230

Then WHY is it Rare ??? I mean like the US Mint printing them (P) so few at the Philadelphia, Why ?? Is there something wrong with their equipment at this Mint or is it only a few humans works there and they can only use a few equipments ??? I t is like they purposely want to create a frenzy to drive the market. I mean like is this that kind of gimmick or What ???

6. baseball21

Relax.

No one knows, the mint is annoyed that people found out and trying to kill the market. They have tried to hide it. Why it was ever done who knows.

It's rare because Philly was making them for the first time in 3 decades.

As you said though ASEs are just bullion to you, so location and grading shouldn't matter.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Coins are struck/minted.. Not printed. Paper money is printed. (Excuse me for those few members who consider this reply obnoxious)

And the reason it's priced so high is because of the special label with the Mercanti signature. That's all.
    PCGS is charging an extra $30.00 to get their special Mercanti signed label
    Capture+_2017-06-12-05-39-53.png

8. baseball21

That's not the reason why. The P mint is why. The Mercanti S and W are much cheaper

9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The world of collecting ASE'S is filled with twist and turns. I can't even keep track of it.

10. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

A FOIA(Freedom of Information Act) request had to be sent so mint officials would release mintage figures for ASE's from 2014-2017. Until the request had been sent the mint was not releasing bullion ASE coin mintage figures from each mint for those years. The Philadelphia, San Francisco, and West Point mints all made bullion ASE coins. The mint just wasn't letting out the mintage figures from each mint. Then the FOIA was filed and mintage figures were released.

Upon receiving the information, it was discovered that the ASE coins minted at Philadelphia in 2015 were less than 80,000. Thus, this made the 2015-P bullion ASE coins a low mintage key date. The only way to find out if you had 2015-P ASE coins was the info on the 500 coin monster box from the mint. Well guess what? Those buying monster boxes had a lot of the coins slabbed in generic no mint marked plastic. Those that still have/had 2015-P in sealed monster boxes were the winners. Out of the 80,000 minted in Philadelphia there are scarce few that were slabbed as being produced in Philly.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Danged prostrate..........P-less........

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  12. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

Whats next... Tracking which Sunshine facility made the blanks last month? Which foundry CNT sourced the metal from?

13. redcent230

I am not one will go out and buy something like this. This is so stupid and such a scam for others.

14. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Unless some difference can be found in the coins themselves, ASE coins slabbed as being from the P mint may not have a long-lived premium. If they are cracked-out and resubmitted, they will be valued much lower. If it should turn-out that the box labels weren't really trustworthy, then the value of those coins will plummet. A scandal, merger, or bankruptcy at one or more of the grading services may nullify slab labels. And there may be market dilution if enough ASE's get the P mint label. Focus should be on the coins themselves and how they are classified based on broad-based, verifiable numismatic history.

It's possible that trace element analysis or die analysis may provide a more objective way of assigning ASE's to specific mints, but I wouldn't count on it.

Cal

15. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Looking for SUCKERS!

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Hey, run it by PCGS. They may go for it.:wacky:

Draft saved Draft deleted