2009 Lincoln commemorative silver dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by elaine 1970, Feb 14, 2009.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

will this one kicking?. most of the modern commemoratives going south except the gold version. and i don't see a gold coin to commemorate abraham lincoln. it is sad and another error by the people who proposed it. anyway. i bought 200 pc of proof lincoln silver dollars. i think it will be better than UHR double eagle. do you agree it?. have you planning to buy some?. in the future. what you think this coin will go?. give your comment.

as far as four proof cents with lincoln silver proof dollar on it. it might cost us at least $79.95 to $99.95 per set. it will be very expensive. but it can go up to...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. elaine 1970

the limit on 50,000 set four lincoln cents and a dollar might be one set per family. a sell out will be a sure thing. it might come later on this year.

4. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

The last I have read, the mint is planning on a 5 per household limit with a release sometimes this spring. I am not sure but believe this is the first true copper cent since 1982 but this coin will also be available in the mint and proof set also. It will be a quickie sell out IMO.

Disclaimer.. I could be wrong and usually am.

5. elaine 1970

may be you are wrong again. it is not a true copper cent like 1909. because the mint did not include the manganese.

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

What ?? They contained no manganese. 1909 cent was 95% copper and 5% tin and zinc. Where in the word did you get the idea they contained manganese ?

7. elaine 1970

8. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

Since I ordered both the unc. and pr. on feb.12, there has been three shipping dates. I guess I wont see them til Lincoln's 201st birthday

9. elaine 1970

both proof and unc versions were selling hot at around $45.00 to $60.00 range at e-bay. i wonder why people don't buy it from u.s. mint. maybe they just hate the mint.

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Many people don't even know that can buy them from the mint. They don't know it is possible.

11. elaine 1970

yes. that's true. will it be some still don't have the computer or phone?. or some might live very far from urban area. or might be illegal immigrant?.

12. Bazz

Bazz Member

I ordered four of the Lincoln dollars, two are for gifts. After the horror I went through to get them I'm thinking I would pay someone way more than a $20 - $30 premium just so I wouldn't have to go through that torture again. In effect you would be hiring a Sherpa.

By the way, if 500,000 silver dollars that aren't expected to be that valuable relatively speaking can wreak that kind of havoc on the Mint's website, I fully expect the rush to get at 50,000 more valuable pennies to resemble the running of the bulls in Pamplona. Even Hemingway wouldn't stand a chance.

13. elaine 1970

why not buy a proof silver dollar and a set of 18 clad proof set?. it might be cheaper a lot. the clad proof set also contained four proof cents.

14. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

I really did not notice any difference when ordering my Lincoln commems. I ordered 1/2 hour after they went on sale, and it was the same as every other time I've ordered from the mint. Do a lot of people still use dial-up?

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

If they don't have a computer or phone they aren't likely to be buying them on eBay either.

16. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

hahahah good one :D

17. coinpapa

coinpapa Junior Member

I do not, but the latest numbers I saw indicated that for over 30% of the US dial-up is the ONLY way available to access the internet, expensive satellite service excepted. The big phone companies are not interested in and will not service these areas.

18. elaine 1970

i wonder how many people just went inside the mint store and bought coins?. tourists, people lived nearby, people worked nearby, visitors travel to tour the mint store. but the number should not be great.

19. Ed Goldman

Ed Goldman coin collector

Yes, there are a lot of them on ebay for around $46. but most of them are not selling.

20. elaine 1970

i don't like ebay price at $46.00. a good price should have been around $99.00. $46.00 is quite common initially traded at e-bay. let's see what will happen after few weeks.

21. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

That surprises me, considering what people will pay for the new Lincoln cents on ebay... and they will be in banks for exactly 1 cent in short time!:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted