1984 Double Ear Lincoln ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MintNe1, Mar 27, 2008.

1. MintNe1

MintNe1 Member

I'm letting my want of this to be the double eared lincoln cloud my site. LOL what do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

im not seeing a doubled ear, but im not especially good at detecting erros, so .. i could be wrong :)

4. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

Sorry, it's not the Doubled Ear Variety! Keep trying!

Frank

5. bajablu

bajablu New Member

Agreed. Keep looking. Ive searched alot of these things and only found2 so far. Just gotta keep on searching. youll find one. Its always a great feeling finding something different.

6. MintNe1

MintNe1 Member

Thanks everyone! I let my wishful thinking scew my site!

7. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

Maybe this is a 'dented lobe' variety. See if there are more like it, or if it is just damage.

8. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

MintNe1,

Go to www.coppercoins.com and when the page loads, click on the "die variety search" link on the left menu. When the search blocks come up, fill in the appropriate information (i.e. 1984, 1984, Philadelphia and Doubled Die Obverse) then click on "Submit". The 1984P-1DO-001 (DDO #1) Variety at the top of the page, is the Varity that you are looking for. It has a reference picture on the left of the page but you can click on the links to the "EDS" ("Early Die Stage") or "MDS" ("Middle Die Stage") photos for better pictures which includes the Die Markers for the Variety.

Good luck!

Frank

9. MintNe1

MintNe1 Member

Wow! Great information! Thanks again, you guys are great!

10. drmsharp

drmsharp Junior Member

I have a coin that looks identical to the one you posted. I will post a picture soon, i just have to dig for the coin. I know it's not a double ear but kept it anyway.

11. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

This is what the double die 84 ear looks like

Jazzcoins joe

Attached Files:

12. 1909-S

1909-S New Member

Indeed.

13. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

It should read (doubled die) 84 ear.:thumb:

14. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Really cool site. The guy behind it, Charles Daughtrey really knows Lincolns. His book is really good with some great images of varieties.

15. Zero cool

Zero cool New Member

Does anyone know if this is the double ear I can't tell... Is there a dented lobe variety as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks! image.jpg

16. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

No, not a doubled ear. The dented lobe comment was a joke.

Draft saved Draft deleted