1969 1 dollar bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Sherri, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Sherri

Sherri New Member

Question: is this an error bill the obverse celarly shows through the revers. Thank you for your thoughts and comments.
    Sherri

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

4. kdkenn

kdkenn Bank Employee

Check out the thread that Darryl posted for you. It's mine and has a pic in it of one I have like yours. Your pics are better than mine but it's the same thing.

5. Sherri

Sherri New Member

Thank you I will check it out

6. coincrusader

coincrusader New Member

looks great:hail: congrats

7. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Looks like the reverse has an offset printing error... usually caused by plates coming together without paper between them, causing the design of one side to get tranferred to the other when they come together again on the paper.

Worth keeping I'd say. The other thread linked on here has good info on such things (ignore my post there where I was mistaken about what usually causes this error... my earlier explanation is theoretically possibly but highly unlikely, especially as the front is printed first!).

8. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Didn't read your thread, but for offsets, it doesn't matter which side is printed first.

The paper goes between the plates and cardboard roller in excess of 20 tons of pressure. The plates are inked, rolled onto the paper, then cleaned, then reinked continuously. If the paper is missing (or in this case, the paper was folded) the image is transferred to the cardboard which then leaves a image on each paper that passes through afterwards. Each pass gets fainter and fainter. The first pass will be virtually as strong as an original image.

9. Sherri

Sherri New Member

Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted