1949 S spiked N

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Pennywise4040, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Pennywise4040

Pennywise4040 Active Member

I just found my 4th one of these (the example in the top picture). It is not as common as a similar example on the coppercoins website listed as 1949S-1MM-007 which is shown in the second picture. I have now searched over 1,850 1949 S cents. I have found 9 of the 1949S-1MM-007 examples, shown in the second picture and only 4 of what seems to be an earlier version of it. This "earlier version" as I'm referring to it is not currently listed anywhere that I'm aware of. Happy hunting everyone.

PICT0095.jpg PICT0110.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

wow :meh:

Just kidding. Cool find.

Cheech9712 and Inspector43 like this.
  4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

LOL. Ball buster!
    Somethings spiked.. lol.gif

Cheech9712 likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

What is this and where can information be found?

eddiespin likes this.
  7. Pennywise4040

Sorry alurid but my last post in response to your question was taken down.

8. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

From the 2nd pic, it looks like something hit the right upper part on the N and deposited it on the left upper part of the N.

9. Pennywise4040

Yes Bill in Burt. Lots of people are mistaken and think its damage. Google 1949S-1MM-007

Cheech9712 likes this.
  10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I like it too

11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

With that kind of activity you probably know more than they know. You ought to start a website. There's a lot of money in those. I mean in the websites, not the coins.

12. Pennywise4040

Thanks eddiespin, that's very kind of you to say but the people on this site have far more knowledge than I do. Cheech had it correct last August---> "I can't believe you found two of them". That was the key, finding two of them in the same day. If I had found only one I would have thought it was post-mint damage. I'm just very pleased to have found, what would seem to be a new albeit it minor error. That will make it easier for others to do the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted