1944 One Centavo coin....I wisdh i had one

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Tbirde, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Tbirde

Tbirde Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tbirde

Tbirde Senior Member

NO! The seller is giving false information, selling at a hugely rediculous price, and with outrageous shipping charges!!!
    The 1944 date was the HIGH mintage of that series made 1937-44. None of the other 5 dates, with just 4 to 16 million minted, are worth more than $20 in even the best UNC condition!
    You might also try a library for a copy of the Standard Catalog of World Coins for pictures, values and lots more interesting info.
    WOW! That seller's site is beyond stupidity on the pricing! That Philippine coin isn't the worst of it either. The only thing worse would be the person who took them up on their offers. It'd be like me selling an ordinary pencil for $10! That's not illegal but it should be!

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I'd listen to Tbirde if I were you ;)

5. Tbirde

Tbirde Senior Member

Related thread where the sap is trying to sell the coin:
    auction ended early

6. jody526

jody526 New Member

I'm working on a complete set of Commonwealth 5 centavos, in uncirculated condition. I'm in no hurry though. Want to find the right coins at the right price.
    I'm very attracted to the high profile, sculptural design on the reverse.

7. laz

laz New Member

U.S. Philippine coinage is awesome! There are some major rarities that are still quite affordable and they were Minted at U.S.Mints! (including a US Branch Mint located in Manila P.I. ~ Jim

8. jody526

jody526 New Member

I couldn't agree with you more. They are "awsome". The history that goes along with them, is also facinating.

If I can be allowed to go off topic for a moment, I'd just like to say that I just joined this forum. I really like what I've seen so far.
    I'm a regular on a couple of other coin boards, so I pretty much have learned when to comment and when to just read and learn.
    I look forward to being part of the group, and sharing and learning together.

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

And we're glad to have you here Jody - Welcome !!

10. Tbirde

Tbirde Senior Member

Welcome Jody!
    I'm just 2 counties over in Pulaski.
    Brad

11. jody526

jody526 New Member

GDJMSP,
    Thank you very much. I do indeed, feel welcome.

Brad,
    Thanks. I've been to Pulaski-Dublin many times. I once did some independant contractor work at Pulaski Furniture.
    I live about half way between Martinsville and Stuart, in a community called Stella.
    I'll look forward to future discussions with you'all.

Draft saved Draft deleted