1943 quarter from the laundromat today

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by 71Avalon, Feb 16, 2024.

1. 71Avalon

71Avalon Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Nice. Better than my recent CoinStar find . . . . .

Z

IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1872.JPG

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

71Avalon likes this.
  5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I am still trying to classify my Coin Star find or today. It is a Penny stuck to a Dime. Result of inflation perhaps?

71Avalon and SensibleSal66 like this.
  6. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I have found rejected silver quarters from my credit union dump, among the foreign and bent stuff. Many others report similar experiences on this forum.Some machines are particular

7. 71Avalon

This is my third silver quarter I've found there. I was surprised when I found my first one. I didn't think they worked at all in modern machinery. I just stick my $20 bills in and the machine gives me my quarters. I guess change machines in laundromats are different than coinstars, etc.? I got my load of quarters home, sorted through them, and there he was! Made my day!

8. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Not to be gross but what's holding them together? Glue or something?

71Avalon and Inspector43 like this.
  9. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Yes, something like that.

10. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

How long has it been since you found the first quarter? I've been looking for a way to find silver like that. I've been roll hunting for months, even in a dime box, and have found no silver at all. Seems like silver is getting more common at places like that.

71Avalon likes this.
  11. 71Avalon

I found the other two just last month. Just something about laundromats maybe? Idk. Is it just this one or could it be everywhere? But it's not just silver. I've found several S and W national park quarters, a couple of State proofs, etc. If you can, I highly recommend a laundromat in your area. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

12. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

Hopefully I can get there pretty soon. I'm going to a coin club meeting tomorrow, so I'll try to get to the laundromat.

71Avalon likes this.
  13. 71Avalon

If you do please let us know the results. Hopefully you'll find something good!

14. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

I hope so. Sounds like more and more silver is being pulled out of laundromats, and if I can find a W quarter, I'm in! It'd be even better if I could find a regular strike S quarter.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted