1941 dime looks proof no mint mark

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Willysilver, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Willysilver

Willysilver HEADS UP Supporter

Good morning and thNk u guys for all your knowledge and feedback Sorry about the pictures my phone is broken it needs new software this dime don't have a scratch thats my phone. Found this dime when I going through my coins forget I even had it it's definitely a high grade it has full Separation on all the bands even the third one at the top but I don't know if it's a proof or not that's my concern my question to you guys could this proof without an mint mark or how do you tell it's struck like a proof and it's shiny like a proof

Attached Files:

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's not a proof. Easiest tell is the rims, they definitely aren't square.

4. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

This is just a nice uncirculated business strike coin. A proof would have a more sharp squared rim. This coin was just struck very well, as it has full split bands.

Kevin Mader and Willysilver like this.
  5. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Very nice coin.

Willysilver likes this.
  6. Willysilver

Ok when I get my Google phone tomorrow
    Any grade I I looked they are all fake tones I can't compete it's not fare they need a different barometer for tones they look bad if u ask me

edited

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2023
  7. Willysilver

Any grade can't compete with those tones they need a different barometer for the tone coins it's not fair if you ask me they look bad

edited

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2023
  8. Willysilver

Is the 76 quarter graded I got this one

Attached Files:

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  9. Willysilver

Tu

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It’s a very nice business strike. Definitely not a proof coin. It was minted in Philadelphia.

11. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Here is a 1941 Proof Dime.

1941 Proof Dime All.jpg

Aside from the 1942 to 1945 war nickels, the Philadelphia Mint did not have mint marks on their coins until 1979.

Willysilver likes this.
  12. Willysilver

Sorry I **** it

13. Willysilver

Thank u sir I will remember that But I did have a 1968 no s Roosevelt dime got Massachusetts brought it to a coin dealer he didn't even know about the coin compared it toa proof set the had it was a proof my roommate stole it and got 11k for it so I just make in sure

14. Willysilver

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted