Silver Britannia's

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by jterry85, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

My good fortune. I went into the coin shop today just in time. They had just bought a set of Britannia's and had placed them out. I bought the 1999, 1998, 2009, 2007, 2000, 2004, 2002, 2005, 2006, and the 2001. Two of them have white spots on them. I got them for $33/each. I ran out of money or I would have bought the 2003, 2010 and one other. Over All I'm pumped over it. I'll post pics one day soon.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. athrose

athrose Member

Tater,

congrats on the great find. Looking forward to the photos.

4. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I see the 2013's are out on ebay, who is going to get one?

5. athrose

athrose Member

Count me in. I have every one made to date so no reason to stop now :)

6. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

7. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"I put in my zip and country the price dropped from like 30 pounds to 25.53 pounds. . . "

It's probably due to the removal of the VAT tax because it is bought/shipped out of the country.

Same thing happens with my orders from the French mint.

http://www.monnaiedeparis.fr/

8. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

It's like asking if a proof Silver Eagle is worth the extra money. How much more do you like a mirrored background and frosted devices? The regular Britannia bullion in most years is all mirrored and no frosting. The proof has a mirrored background and frosted devices. I think it's a matter of personal preference.

The only proof Britannia I have is the 2009 because the chariot is my favorite design of all them. The only other design I have been tempted to get in proof is the 2007 lion. Personally, I'd rather just have the standard bullion unless it was a design I really liked.

9. FrankPlantagenet

FrankPlantagenet New Member

Coins you can't touch aren't really my thing but I have a 1999 Britannia set given to me by my grandfather.

bit off topic but I also have a gold half sov from the queens jubilee

10. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

11. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

so does anyone know if their is an dansco or other type of album that fit the britannias?

12. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

This helps. When you go to a coin show, stick a card in your shirt pocket, easy to READ, that says, "Wanted Britannia 1 ounce silver" or something like that. EVERY dealer will read it, and you may not see the coin(s) in his display, but he may have it in his baggage. Or a private collector might stop you and offer one, and you've either made a new friend or you've met a guy who wants to rob your house...

Bottom line, pocket signs WORK, and it saves a lot of time asking every Dealer.

13. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I'm a little late with photos.

kookaburra 045.jpg
    kookaburra 047.jpg
    kookaburra 041.jpg
    kookaburra 048.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Here are some more:
    kookaburra 042.jpg
    kookaburra 039.jpg
    kookaburra 040.jpg
    kookaburra 043.jpg
    kookaburra 044.jpg

15. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I picked this piece up at a bullion house yesterday. I like to call it an early date Britannia.
    photo(2).JPG

sonlarson and TopcatCoin like this.
  16. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

17. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

I got a dateless 999 silver proof one of those.
    I believe it is a fantasy piece, only ever seen one other like it and that was struck in gold.
    Not normally my thing but it is very unusual and scarce.

[​IMG]

18. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

I've only got the .9580' s when did the go .999?

19. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

last year 2013

20. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

that 07 is top notch

Draft saved Draft deleted