yellow and brown stripes lincoln cents

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by elronzoco, Jun 7, 2008.

1. elronzoco

elronzoco Junior Member

Check this rare lincolns..

I have one that gives a nitid YELLOW reflection.. very different from other cents that i have.. thats why i noticed it.. maybe wrong die. Look it several times with a 10x mg glass in different lights and also comparing with other cents and still amazed me cause it shines yellow. The scanner shows on lincoln chin the yellow toning.. in real life its awesome.

The second one really love it.. it has like a WOODEN WALL PAPER on it.. judge it urself!

Be cooL!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dollar1948

Dollar1948 New Member

Its really interesting the toning these things take on,
    Ive got a 1946 that has a 'tiger stripped' toning effect to it. 4 uniformed bands of lighter brown and dark brown running on a diagonal.

4. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

5. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

6. Dollar1948

Dollar1948 New Member

Yes, this stuff is veeeerrry cool. I love the look.
    Thanks for the info rlm.

7. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

Study copper and you will see every color in the world!

Study copper and you will see every color in the world!
    I have seen blue cents, black cents, grey cents, orange cents, yellow cents, red cents, green cents, purple cents and ever combination of those both artificially and natural. Stick with it long enough and you will also.
    Watch especially during composition changes for unusually colored cents for example 1945 thru 1947 1962, and 1982.
    The other years where I've seen the most color are:
    1970, 74, 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 82 copper LGDT. 1997, 98.
    There is one I have not been able to find out about and that is the 1959 cents with blue streaks running across the face or rev. Anyone know about those?

8. fishaddicit

fishaddicit Senior Member

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

10. fishaddicit

Love the 23-S. Eventually I'll come across a great one.

11. elronzoco

elronzoco Junior Member

are these wooden grain have any value? have other one.. have to look fot it.. also have purple cents but thats mix of dies components i guess.
    Txs for replaying!

12. fishaddicit

They don't add "collect value" but they are very eye appealing wich can add "individual value". Individual value meaning that someone that likes woodgrain cents may pay more for a woodie than a normal cent. IMHO

13. kangayou

kangayou Junior Member

Found my 1st Woodgrain ... I think ?

This strange looking 1927 Wheat looks like it was either dirty or corroded , but when I examined it closer , the surface is smooth and even though the scans make the surface look pitted , I assure it is smooth. RLM , tell me if I found my first Woodie.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted