Wyoming Quarter Error - UPDATE - PICS

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by spyderj, Nov 8, 2007.

1. spyderj

spyderj New Member

I just purchased some Wyoming quarter rolls from my CU. As I went through 1 roll, I noticed and extra "section" in the "D" of IN GOD WE TRUST. Also look at the "E" in "WE". The circular marks coming out from the open side of the "E". I found 14 of these out of 25.

Any suggestions?

I have attached more pictures. Please look at the mark above the cowboy's hat. It seems like I have seen similar marks that brought aattention on other coins. This mark appears on the same coins that the others do.

Jeff

Attached Files:

• wy1.jpg
      wy1.jpg
      File size:
      66.7 KB
      Views:
    • wy2.jpg
      wy2.jpg
      File size:
      60.2 KB
      Views:
    • wy3.jpg
      wy3.jpg
      File size:
      100.3 KB
      Views:
    • wy4.jpg
      wy4.jpg
      File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Looks like over the cowboys hat looks like an indent, might have happened at the mint, not sure on value though. And in the D looks like some sort of strike through or so, I don't really remember the proper name for it. Similiar to the BIE cents I think. Value wise for it, might make a few bucks off ebay for it. Nice find. :thumb:

Phoenix :cool:

4. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

The indentation above the Cowboy's hat appears to be a Die Gouge where the Die was probably damaged during grinding and polishing or during it's removal or replacement! The extra metal in the "D" is due to a minor Die Crack and the metal accumulated in the Die was retained on the planchet during the Striking (Minting) process. Although consider by some as Errors, they are minor and they add little if any value to the coin!

Frank

5. atrox001

atrox001 Senior Member

A friend of mine found this DDR on a 2007P BS Wyoming State Quarter from a roll.

Larry Nienaber

Attached Files:

6. spyderj

spyderj New Member

Thanks - were there any other identifiers on the DDR?

Jeff

7. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

I just wanted to correct something in my previous post!

In the first sentence, I should have noted that metal accumulated and retained in the Die Gouge on the Die was probably responsible for the Indentation.

Frank

8. B Darnell

B Darnell New Member

Hey people, I just hit a Wyoming quarter that has an eagle reverse on the obverse. As soon as I get my new system up and running ,I'll shoot some pics. The eagle's left wing, our right is upside down and in front of g.w.,and leaves can be seen above his head. Also the arrows legs and half of his chest is visible on g.w. start looking for this.

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  9. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I believe the answer to the "hat" thing is that it is a pre die break depression. there are a decent amount die breaks associated with hat and tail.

Attached Files:

10. I have a Wyoming quarter that is double image around the enture horse and cowboy.

11. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

Please make a seperate thread for your question.

Cecelia Valverde likes this.
  12. I have a Wyoming quarter that has double image around the cowboy and horse.

Draft saved Draft deleted