World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

:thumb:Nice Copper!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

What do you think?

I also picked-up this 1951 Australian Florin and a 1949 Southern Rhodesia 1/2 Crown. Both are UNC. The 1949 Southern Rhodesia piece is made after they converted from silver to copper-nickel. It is quite large (32 mm) and has George VI on the obverse with shield reverse.

Please post some more photos people.

Thanks for letting me share.

Attached Files:

capthank and Jason Hoffpauir like this.
  4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice pickups. Florin especially.

5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

[QUOTE=Collect89;11786 It is quite large (92 mm)

My gosh, you could put that in the trunk of your car and use it for a spare! It was said that some people complained about the silver dollar being too big.

6. Rope

Rope New Member

A NEW one for me..........

Attached Files:

7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

89 Nice:thumb: Unc-MS:kewl:!!!

8. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Rope:thumb: Nice I like Mexico & South American coins!!!
    this 1/4 real is old buy but only 11mm is size!

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  10. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

That's a neat old 1/4 Real jello. I generally like the older pieces better rather than modern era coinage. Man, that really is small at 11mm.

Bruce

capthank likes this.
  11. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I found that while I was in the US Army down in El Salvador, I look to be AU+ even the die crack on obv has very little ware to it.I think it was lost for some time and only re-found about 1980-1981 will I was station there.as I told most of the villagers I would buy old coins.
    *but here an odd brass/copper coin 1972 w/weight+ grams stamp on it.
    I also got down there

Attached Files:

capthank and Jason Hoffpauir like this.
  12. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

not exactly a foriegn coin for me, i found a brilliant 1913 half soveriegn forgery in a box of farthings, it is gilded copper and looks great in my forgeries collection.

13. corey.nicholson

corey.nicholson New Member

got a new coin today it is 50 fils with a male on front and rear has leaves around it with foreign writing on it it says in englis the hashemite kingdom of jordan is this coin silver and what is it worth

14. zantetsuken

zantetsuken Junior Member

Here are a few of my newest aquisitions. The first is 1 Drachma from GREECE (KINGDOM) dated 1832, issued under King: Otto/Othon Wittelsbach of Bavaria. The second is a silver wire Kopek from RUSSIA (NOVGOROD) dating from 1533-1547, issued under Grand Duke: Ivan Rurik IV~The Terrible. The third is a 5,000 Dinara from SERBIA (REPUBLIC) dated 2004, commemorating the 200th anniversary of the 'First Insurrection of Serbia'. Forth is 5 Yuan from CHINA (PEOPLES REPUBLIC) dated 2011, commemorating the 90th Anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party. Last is a 5,000 Ruble silk note from the KHWAREZM SOVIET PEOPLES REPUBLIC dated 1339 AH/1921 AD.

[​IMG]
    GREECE (KINGDOM)~1 Drachma 1832

[​IMG]
    RUSSIA (NOVGOROD)~AR Kopek 1533-1547

[​IMG]
    SERBIA (REPUBLIC)~5,000 Dinara *Proof* 2004

[​IMG]
    CHINA (PEOPLES REPUBLIC)~5 Yuan 2011

[​IMG]
    KHWAREZM SOVIET PEOPLES REPUBLIC~5,000 Ruble (Silk) 1339 AH/1921 AD

15. BRandM

Congrats zantetsuken, they're some nice pickups. I particularly like the Russian coin and the 5,000 Ruble silk. What history there is surrounding these two beautiful pieces.

Bruce

capthank likes this.
  16. zantetsuken

Thanks 'BRandM'. These areas do have a very long and interesting history behind them. History is one of the things that makes coin and banknote collecting so fun and rewarding.

17. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

Haven't seen this one on this forum yet, so there you go. Needed it for a type set, been looking for quite some time until got it from eBay seller for significantly lower than melt price... God bless those clueless sellers. Seems to be in perfect condition, stains and scratches are on capsule plastic.

10 ROUBLES 1977(l), 33.3000 g., 0.9000 Silver 0.9635 oz. ASW, 39 mm

10r1.jpg

10r2.jpg

18. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Here my newest world coin 1927 10c Bu Straits Settlement

Attached Files:

19. BRandM

I couldn't agree more. That's a big part of the appeal of collecting for me as well.

Bruce

20. zantetsuken

Sweet! I love the frosted tone on this one. I don't usually collect coins from Britain or her colonies, but they are interesting. Thanks for posting.

21. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Straits Settlements

Beautiful Jello! My girlfriend/fiance is a Punjabi (Indian) girl from Malaysia, which is of course part of what used to be called the Straits Settlements, and I have loved coins from there even before I met her heh. I have a beautiful 1935 silver 5 cents, I hope to get some more high grade Straits Settlements coins eventually.... it is one of my favorite British Commonwealths to collect.

Here is my 1935 Silver 5 cents, along with a Victorian 1891 10 Cents. The first three pics are all of the same coin. I also have a beauty 1941 Malaya 10 cents... but only room for 4 pics, and I don't feel like starting another post unless you guys want to see that and some other Straits Settlements coins.....

Draft saved Draft deleted