World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

1365790163a62912f95d4b34n.jpeg france-1-franc-1916.jpg france-1-franc-1916 (1).jpg 13651150350ca2dcbb572cd2n.jpeg marry to the Coins

onecenter, chrsmat71, jj00 and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I picked up this 1802 Ceylon 1/192 Rikdollar for my coins with elephants collection. I still want an 1815 stiver with the elephant but haven't been able to win one yet. 1802 ceylon 192 rikdollar.jpg

chrsmat71, jello, Effigy303 and 6 others like this.
  4. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Looking at the 1967 Canadian set, makes me wonder, I've got 8, non slab, how would you preserve? If at all.

5. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Jello I believe mine is a 51, its on this forum somewhere looks close..

jello likes this.
  6. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Since mine still look like new after 48 years, I plan to leave as is. I have the original mint envelope and COA, so it makes sense to keep original to preserve value. I'm Capital makes a plastic mint set sleeve for it.

Galen59 likes this.
  7. J.A.K.

J.A.K. Foriegn Fanatic

New addition for my Australian type set. AU46.jpg

8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Wish mine was as good as this 1937!

9. J.A.K.

J.A.K. Foriegn Fanatic

Thanks Jello, The obv is a little baggy, but it's got lots of luster. It's a nice low end unc. I picked it up in an Ebay auction for 1/2 of what the EF-AU cleaned BIN's go for.

jello likes this.
  10. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

@J.A.K
    Good score! At that price!!!

11. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Great looking coin. That reverse is really nice.

J.A.K. likes this.
  12. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

sadly, my comp is not working (i'm on my wife's laptop), so these pics are best i can do at the moment... a 19mm bronze from philippi, macedonia, minted between 41 and 68 a.d.

Attached Files:

J.A.K. and jello like this.
  13. sonlarson

1974 Switzerland Mint Set. Mintage 10,000. No Silver but still great looking coins. Mintage on the 1974 Proof set was only 2,400 and cost is in the nose bleed section. I plan to continue searching for one of these in a different year. The proof Swiss coins are awesome. All are low mintage.

1974 switzerland mint set.jpg

14. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

Rumanian 5 Lei 1881 B - Karl I as Prince. Not mint state, but a nice looking coin. RO5Lei1881B.jpg

spirityoda, jj00, Effigy303 and 4 others like this.
  15. rooman9

Love this set! Been looking for a proof a$ well. But they're $$$$$$$$.

sonlarson likes this.
  16. sonlarson

I continue to find bargains on the World Mint and Proof Sets. $9.99. This is more fun than collecting individual coins. Uncirculated and often contain key coins. This is a 1986 Piefort Mint Set. Mintage was only 12,665. 1/2 New Sheqel: Seal belonging to Ma'anana, the daughter of the king of Judea. 10 Agorot: Replica of ancient coin showing a seven branched candelabrum. 5 Agorot: Replica of ancient coin showing a lulav. 1 Agora: Maritime vessel, styled after coins issued during the reigh of King Herod Archelaus. 1 New Sheqel: A coin used in Judea during Persian rule. The pieforts are between 2.7 and 4mm thick. These are thick coins.

1986 Israel mint set.jpg

J.A.K., onecenter, Aidan_() and 4 others like this.
  17. sonlarson

1920 Mexico 20 Centavos PCGS MS62 w label 1000.jpg Those that follow my posting know I am a big fan and collector of modern (1905-present) coins from Mexico. This is one of the coins I have been searching for in un-circulated for a long, long time. Finally captured and completed my Bronze 20 Centavos collection. I posted it in another thread, but I wanted to show here also since each thread seems to have different followers and this is my favorite thread in CoinTalk. So please excuse the duplicate posting of this coin.

Attached Files:

J.A.K., chrisild, spirityoda and 2 others like this.
  18. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

Beautiful coin sonlarson, I 'liked' it both threads:)

sonlarson and jello like this.
  19. rooman9

Latest pickups. Lots of French lately. Some higher grades. Sorry about the in plastic photos. Can't take them out until I get home to the real collection. And no I did not pay the prices on the 2X2, not even close. I picked up the silver for near melt. Super cleaned aussie coins, but hey! silver is silver.
    IMG_1768.jpg IMG_1769.jpg IMG_1770.jpg IMG_1771.jpg IMG_1772.jpg IMG_1773.jpg IMG_1774.jpg IMG_1775.jpg IMG_1776.jpg IMG_1777.jpg

chrsmat71, Effigy303, J.A.K. and 4 others like this.
  20. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Picked these up today, the Panama has a bunch of bad rim dings but everything was a good price so I couldn't resist.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$36 for all three, the mark is worth more than that!

Inquisitive, jj00, J.A.K. and 5 others like this.
  21. sonlarson

Mint Sets from China can be pricey. Proof sets can run into the Thousands of Dollars. I was able to find a mint set which was very reasonable. 1991. Mintage NA. Minted cheaply from Aluminum, Brass, and plated steel, they still look attractive. 1 Yuan, 5 and 1 Jiao, 1,2, and 5 Fen.

1991 China Mint Set.jpg

jj00, J.A.K., chrisild and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted