World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Nice grade and silver coin good one for sure.
    :)

spirityoda likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

Apparently not that common and positively rare in top grades. Mintage was 100K for the '33 and '36 and 500K in 1929 but I guess all specimens were highly worn or ended up being melted? Any idea what happened to them?

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

not sure what happened to them ? so happy to finally find this grade for a decent price. it is coming from Lebanon itself.

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

This trade started shortly after January from a buddy who lives in Australia. It's just got here today. $_3 (2)-2.jpg $_3 (9)-1.jpg

I would say it about Unc.

6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice one, Jello. I own no aussie crowns.

jello likes this.
  7. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

So jealous...... been looking for one of those for a while now. Good job!

jello likes this.
  8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Thanks guys! 1 may old army bbuddy's live down in Sidney he need one of my 2 We are both happy. :)

spirityoda and rooman9 like this.
  9. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

I thought you might enjoy seeing a banknote of the same time frame. They have a very similar overall feel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

picked this cheapie up a couple days ago, a type that was on my list....

[​IMG]

spirityoda, jj00, J.A.K. and 2 others like this.
  11. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Got a nice bonus check last week and pulled the trigger on a few coins I had been eyeing. A couple of new additions to my Mexico collection but they also fit in my World Silver collection. Two birds with one stone so to speak. Working with a new camera and playing with new lighting. I am thinking of going back to the old lighting. Half the fun is experimenting, right. First a 2014 Mexico Onza followed by a 5 Onza. Big difference. I could have gotten 5 single Onzas for less than the big 5, but that's no fun.

2014 Mexico Onza.jpg Mexico 2014 5 Onza.jpg 2014 1 and 5 onza.JPG

jj00, Hiddendragon, J.A.K. and 3 others like this.
  12. sonlarson

I decide to add some World Mint and Proofs set to my diverse collection. It is amazing how cheap some of these are if you check around. This is not the best looking Proofs, some fingerprints on the Rand, but it is Silver. Check out the awesome toning on the 2 and especially the 1 cent coins. I really like the stasch.

1965 South Africa proof Set.jpg

jj00, J.A.K., onecenter and 2 others like this.
  13. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

i got a bonus check also...coin time!

here a 15 kreuzer (or kreutzer) from austria. nice big coin at about 35 mm.

[​IMG]

i guess this is called "chain" edge, kind of cool.

[​IMG]

spirityoda, jj00, Effigy303 and 6 others like this.
  14. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Nice Austrian coin! Rim remind me of military jeep tires .

15. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

16. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Hi Jason,
    my avatar is a medal named Flight from the French Mint. It's one of my favorite medals. Sometime I'll repost most of them if you like.

It's interesting that at a Whitman show many years ago I bought the same two notes you just posted. The Czech note I believe the obverse is ABNCo interpretation of man struggling with technology.
    Sweet notes.

Jason Hoffpauir likes this.
  17. Jason Hoffpauir

Jello...mind if I ask you what you did while you were in the Army? When you said El Salvador it brought back memories. I did training at Ft. Sherman in Panama and in Hondouras with the 10th Mountain Infantry Division. I was in Panama for JOTC (Jungle Operations Training Center) on two separate occassions and got the badge twice. Thanks.

18. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Yeah I was stationed out there. After Vietnam they didn't have to send me through jungle training. I did bring back a few good things also some coins. We never had to go through customs most of the time. But if we did have to we knew before flying back home.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  19. Jason Hoffpauir

Thank you very much

20. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Your welcome. Did have Sgt Harvey Khal as an instructor JOTC? He one of them 1980/83 . I know there was about 40 instructor about that time frame.

21. sonlarson

Another Mint set pick up for a whopping $6.50. This could get fun. 1983 New Zealand, Mintage 25,000. Some very nice toning. I can't decide if I want to remove from the mint plastic to preserve or leave alone and let them tone some more. I love the reverse of the $1. Small displays of the various coins are shown.
    Photos would look very nice out of the plastic. decisions, decisions. What would you do?

1983 new zealand mint set.jpg

20150321_1 dollar r-crop.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted