will we ever see interest rates higher then 3% again?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by AlexN2coins2004, Sep 18, 2009.

1. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

I haven't seen an interest rate higher then 3.8% in the past 10 years so is the 4%'s and 5%'s and 10%'s just a thing of the past?

p.s. I don't exactly see a better place to post this then here in the bullion tab

course I think interest rates do mean something to bullion as if they go up I think some people might sell off bullion to make more $ in interest

if I could get a fixed rate of 10% I definately would stick my bullion $ in it

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

My credit cards and student loans are definitely over 3% right now ;)

4. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Maybe you need to branch out and lend money to others personally. Charge whatever you want and if your paperwork is tight, you will own property or get paid. May have to apply some muscle from time to time though.

5. AlexN2coins2004

Sweet! I own a Duplex and consider myself a slumlord! and you gave me the idea to become a bookie! and I got the muscle myself to back it up! thus saving me money for not having to hire muscle!

so I can charge 97% interest compounded daily and if I am not paid back I get to get my frustration out! I LOVE STRESS RELEASE! :D

thanks NOOST YOUR A GENIUS ON TOP OF BEING INSIGHTFUL! :hug:

6. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

You are lucky. I always wanted to be a slumlord. Instead, people just keep moving in with me. :( My GF mom just borrowed money from her grandma for a car. She pays 5% interest. Higher than the grandma can get at a bank and the mom gets a lower % than she qualifies for. I think 97% is a little extreme LOL

7. Info Sponge

Info Sponge Junior Member

Yes, if there's a currency crisis or a case of actively fought inflation.

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The current low rates are completely unnatural. Yes, I can say with confidence that at some point in the future you will see 5% bank CDs again --- but probably not within a year.

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Seriously I remember a bit over 20 years ago getting some 10-11% on CD accounts. Of course interest rates are going to go up, it is a given. Right now the Fed has been keeping them artificially low to "stimulate" the economy and keep credit flowing but eventually all the free credit is going to tighten up and interest rates will have to go back up.

10. AlexN2coins2004

how long til the good old days of 3%-4% savings accounts and 10%-11% cd's?

I personally would like a both these as I could gain alot of money from the CD for long term and pull out the interest every 6 months or when allowed without a fee and dump said interest into the saving account to draw interest more and use said money to live on :D

just need to get around $300,000 and have said interest rates :D

11. AlexN2coins2004

seperate note isn't it a bad idea to keep interest rates artificially low as spending money isn't always the answer?
    the U.S. is spending more then it has been taking in something to the tune of for spending every $5 and receiving back only $4 and I see that as bad...am I wrong?

12. Cloudsweeper99

Keep in mind that 10% CDs come with a similar inflation rate and a cost of living that doubles in about 7 years. The "good old days" weren't that good. What you should be wishing for is zero inflation and no income tax. That's the road to true prosperity because then a penny saved will really be a penny earned.

13. Cloudsweeper99

You are correct except that the deficit as a percentage of tax revenue is worse than you describe.

14. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

There is no such thing as zero tax unless you are Donald Trump or Leona Helmsley and believe that taxes are for the common people.

15. Cloudsweeper99

I never said there was a zero tax rate. I said that would be the road to prosperity. I stand by what I said.

16. taurus876

taurus876 Senior Member

Agreed.

However, with the way our government is printing money the 10% CD rates, we saw in Jimmy Carter's term will be back.

17. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

Of course we will - all things come and go.

Of course we will - all things come and go.

18. AlexN2coins2004

I'm talking about GNP. THe U.S. is spending grandpa and dad's work for cheap thrills of having "The American Dream NOW" and not relizing it won't last forever and one day the wording is going to be the "The Chinese Dream" or some other country or countries that pretty much own us...

economic slavery is the new type of slavery and it won't matter about the color of your skin just your nationality

Draft saved Draft deleted