Where is Coppercoins.com

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by andy21us, Sep 15, 2009.

1. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

I try too log in to coppercoins.com but their domain has exprired.:confused: Does any know their new domain?:secret:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Saw this on another forum -- it worked just fine for me (and just did again).

Color me confused....but I suspect they let their domain name go unpaid, it was pulled, then they paid them and the DNS update has not yet made it to your ISP (but it has made it to mine)....Mike

4. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

Thanks Mike.

5. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

6. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

yeah, I'm pretty sure it is the DNS that is causing this issue. When a domian expires the Name Services are changed to a parked location. If that is in parked very long all of the ISP's pick up the change and log that into the system until the next time they check. Some of them only check every 72hr's.

Around here we have it pretty good as the main providers seem to keep a good update going every few hours.

Speedy

7. coop

coop Senior Member

It's working now. I had an email with Bob @coppercoins and he didn't have any problem. It maybe an area thing. I had an blocker on this site that wanted $59 for one years service. So some hackers maybe out there messing things up.

8. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

I use it all the time and have had no problems. Sure your using the correct spelling? www.coppercoins.com

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Carl, Chris confirmed issues with his ISP/DNS/domain name. They have since been resolved and everyone should have access today....Mike

Draft saved Draft deleted