where can i buy world coins at a low price

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by moneyfan, Mar 29, 2008.

1. moneyfan

moneyfan collector of coins/bills

i mostly do us coins but i do have an intrest in world coins. if u know any places i would like your input.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. j-easy

j-easy Member

4. greglax45

greglax45 Coin Hoarder

Yeah that would be awesome to sift through, but with those things you never know if it has already been searched through. As for raykomka, I have had much success, and he is actually a member here on cointalk.

5. goossen

goossen Senior Member

Have you considered swapping ? I have many collector friends that do swaps with people over the Internet. Circulating coins from your country (USA, I guess) could be quite interesting to collectors from other countries. On my website you can see my list of good collectors.

6. CoinGal07

CoinGal07 Still Collecting

I like the link but I think $9 a lb plus the $4.95 shipping brings this in at $14 a lb is double what you'd pay at a shop or coin show. Many dealers sell for about $5 to $7 a pound ~ and yes, they've likely been searched but usually only for silver and it gives you about 100-120 coins to search through that may contain the coins you want. Most often, the more lbs to the bag, the less the cost per pound. I'd weigh the cost of buying online against the cost of gas to drive to a coin show if it's too far away but it is a great experience and worth the cost if only 1-2 times a year. You get to see what you're buying in person rather than waiting for the shipment.

7. One Red Cent

One Red Cent New Member

I have one suggestion for foreign coins...

I haven't bought from him in several years, but I remember being very happy with the selections and the prices from a dealer named Joel Anderson. I don't know where he lives. I did google his name a couple of years ago, and I think he formed a partnership with somebody. I have no affiliation with Joel, except that I was a happy customer of his.

8. Expat Collector

Expat Collector New Member

I used to do business with Joel Anderson, and I even met him at the ANA in Portland in '98. I was quite satisfied with what I got from him, but since I live in Japan, the postage costs started to eat me up. Then Japanese customs started charging me 5% tax for each and every coin shipment from the US, so I curtailed my buying.

Anyway, here is his web site-- Interesting Stuff

http://www.joelscoins.com/

9. CoinGal07

CoinGal07 Still Collecting

Great site link - you're right ... very interesting stuff!! I am still trying to decide if I want to buy the Shaftieuland Coin Set. At least when I get the full Shaft it will be at my own doing, huh.

http://www.joelscoins.com/nationsnon.htm#bermania

10. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

11. JonySky

JonySky Senior Member

coins by the pound

When I first started collecting world coins, I bought coins by the bulk. Pounds, kilos other quantitys. And I got about 60 or 70 countries that way. {But now I probably have 50 pounds I keep in a little wodden chest to allow the grand kids to take some from when ever they come over}. But when I started getting all the same coins I looked for dealers that I could buy just the countrys I didn't have coins from. Joels is a very good dealer, I've bought from here many times and have never been disapointed. I also recommend Digga from dover. He sells on Ebay, but he also has a web site. I have bought from him dozens of time and highly recommend him. Here is a link to his site.
    http://www.diggafromdover.com/allcountries.aspx

I also got caught up in world paper money. Everyone has prettier money than America.

JonySky

12. Maliki

Maliki New Member

13. moneyfan

moneyfan collector of coins/bills

thanks for the websites, i checked them out. look good.

Draft saved Draft deleted