What's the grade and price #2

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Coinfreak~24, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Coinfreak~24

Coinfreak~24 Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coinfreak~24

to me it look's like ms65

4. chip

chip Novice collector

I would guess ms-61 or 2, but it seems to have good lustre from the photos, I would hazard a ballpark about 5 or 600$, but take a novices grade with a grain of salt, maybe morgamnman or raider or some of the others would know better

5. Goldstone

Goldstone Digging for Gold

Hm...reverse could pull a 66 imo minus the slight scuff to the right of the wing possibly dropping it to 65, the front is at least a 64 i would say, so send this in I would expect a 64-65, possibly a 63 I would doubt that though, also depends if you send at PCGS or NGC

6. Coinfreak~24

i hopeing it ms66

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

It looks better than my NGC MS65...I would have to guess MS66.

8. Goldstone

Goldstone Digging for Gold

maybe NGC, idn there is too much chatter on the observe on the cheeks for 66, anyway I hope its just the picture maybe the plastic GSA container, but it is always hard to grade the pic

9. Coinfreak~24

ya it's in the gsa holder

10. CoinKeeper

CoinKeeper Keeper of Coins

Definitely not MS61!!! Please make a more informed post next time :) Just looking out for you and other.

11. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I'm at 63 or 64.
    Reverse is beautful!!
    Obverse...eh not bad :D

12. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I got an SLR digital camera for Xmas this year and I'm trying to figure out how to take coin pics with it...so here's my first attempt (it's hard to get the right light on the little buggers). This is an NGC MS65 (believe it or not) for comparison...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

wow at this rate my coin will grade ms-62.

14. hiho

hiho off to work we go

Right on the money Goldstone.

I believe NGC would call this MS65. Except for the scuff the reverse fields are gorgeous.

Great photos by the way, I have had no success photographing Morgans through the GSA holder. And there is a nice die clash directly above the scuff on the reverse. See it extending off the left of the top part of the wreath?

15. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

Coinfreak
    Looking over the coin I would say the front is a 65. back is a 66. Very nice coin, I am extremely jealous.

Same to you yakpoo

Very nice coin

16. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

It's a nice coin. My grade opinion is Mint State 63 and Value would be approximately $180.00

17. Coinfreak~24

thanks for your guys help

18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I would guess MS-64

19. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I would go with MS64 on this one. I don't think it will grade a 66...there are too many marks on it. It might get a MS65 from the TPGs because it is a CC...but it can't see it going any higher than that. However, IMHO it's a solid MS64.

20. Coinfreak~24

hear's a pic of a ms64

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Based on those pics, I would say that coin is overgraded and should be an MS63. It's too baggy to be an MS64 IMHO.

Draft saved Draft deleted