What's a good price for a 2008-W American Silver Eagle?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by AlexN2coins2004, Dec 16, 2009.

1. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

Hello I'm just checking with people on here as to how good a deal it would be to buy some 2008-W Uncirculated Silver Eagles in all original mint packaging for $28 ea? My dealer has about 30 he said. I got a couple as I figure in the long term they will be well worth it and I just simply wanted some as I didn't already have any and the 2009's didn't happen :(

I don't know of anywhere else that has them cheaper I really have not found any decent data on E-bay as it seems ppl on there just kinda throw a number up in the air and bid said number.

Also state if you would really want and pay for them if offered.

It's one thing to say it's great but it's a far different thought to actually want to buy them and put the money out there.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AlexN2coins2004

no replies yet... :(

4. raider34

raider34 Active Member

$28 seems like a fair deal. I saw a couple of raw ones sold on eBay for around $25, with a few a little higher, but with shipping they're all right around $30.

5. playin4funami

playin4funami Junior Member

I think it's kind of high priced but then I don't know nothing yet! I bought 3 ase's the other day a 1993 and two 2000's for an average price of 19.25 each from my local dealer,maybe the 2008W are worth more,but I'm buying for silver content.

6. AlexN2coins2004

well the W mint marks are concidered uncirculated coins not regular bullion.

regular bulllion ASE's have a decent premium over junk silver or bars and Uncirculated ASE's have a higher premium then bullon version and then proofs have the top tier premium over uncirculated ASE's.

I just wasn't sure if the price I found my uncirculated ones were the best deal around or not.

I'm making a few sets of ASE's as least as complete as I can afford I don't see myself getting a 1995...

I get the ideal this will be worth way more then the silver content and I also really like them so I see it as a win-win for me :D

if anyone here would like to get any 2008-w for $28 plus actual shipping cost I 'll be more then happy to do it. just shoot me a pm.

7. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I got this silver eagle for $100!

Attached Files:

8. AlexN2coins2004

that's purdy indeed! I only have a MS70 uncirculated and it's 2007 hope some day to get a PF70 ASE :D

9. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

10. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Attached Files:

11. AlexN2coins2004

wow that's pricey but I if I was living comfortably and had an extra chunk of cash I gotta say I would probably be buying that too.

Maybe once I'm a CPA I will be able to buy more then I can afford ri now. I'm going to have my bach. in Accounting in August an then have my Masters a year or two after that then just take and pass the CPA test here in Nebraska. :D

It's been hard and I know the feelings some people have in collecting coins and not being able to afford some of the great stuff out there even putting $100 on a coin right now is still too much for me but I would rather see the coins that I can't afford then not able to see them. Thanks Yankee keep posting those great pics.

just wanna post this last part here as it's true you can actually be a dealer/collector.

It's all living in what you can afford in investing and collecting. Be wise in your buys by doing the research then buy as cost effectively as possible and your investment should hopefully go up and if not then hey your still collecting and your just paying for the beauty of the coins you have. :D

Also running an e-bay business selling rolls like I do and taking the Net Income - minus half to invest and grow my business more as well as to grow and invest in my collection like I do is dealer/collecting. Whether it's the $.89 I make on a roll or the $43.72 I made 1 month. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted