What type of Silver is this- PICS

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by ChrisKampmann, Apr 12, 2009.

1. ChrisKampmann

ChrisKampmann Member

Hello All,
    You guys are always helpful and I do not know how to figure out what type of Silver this is. Or more accurately stated, who made this silver bar? I do not think it is rare or special, but I do not know how to research it. Let me know what you think and possibly the value of it too.
    Cheers,
    Chris Kampmann

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i dont know who made it.. but 24.99 oz.. at spot price of silver.. well .. that equals .. well i dont know :D

nice bar :thumb:

4. ChrisKampmann

ChrisKampmann Member

Thanks, I realize that the price depends on who is paying for it, but the market price is around 12.50 an ounce, but is that the price it will sell for? What are people actually paying for silver?

5. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Should sell just shy of spot price. YOu could get more on ebay, but the fees may eat away the extra you could get. If you had to buy the bar, around me, dealers are selling at spot plus a couple bucks an OZ>

6. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Well that type of silver it is simply bullion. It has been melted into a 25 oz ingot....cant really say much more about it than that.

Ag is Ag in this case......just a bunch of it in a bar instead of coin/round form.

RickieB

7. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Thats nothing, just send that junk to me.

8. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Well, actually some bars have a greater value depending on who made them. For example, Engelhard bars tend to carry a slight premium over a no name company. Need to find out what company that stamp is from on the bar. In my limited experience, people go crazy for silver or gold bars and tend to pay more simply because they are bars. I think most of us wouldn't, but some do.

9. skm06

skm06 Member

That's a James Bond bar. :whistle:
    Get it listed on Ebay.

10. ChrisKampmann

ChrisKampmann Member

I am either ignorant or confused about the James Bond thing, is that an inside "silver" joke or something actual. If it is supposed to be funny then LOL! Otherwise what the heck does it mean.
    Cheers,
    Chris Kampmann

11. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

I think its a joke based on lot 007. Probably would fetch a premium over similar bars marketed as such.

12. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I agree with what others have said...

the bar will probably sell for less then spot because of 2 things.... the odd weight, and the fact that we don't know who made it...

heck could have been a guy in his garage with a bunch of sterling and some punching tools....

13. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

14. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I actually think it will sell for much much more than spot. First, just based off what I see locally in WV, people are paying all kinds of money for silver and gold bars. When ever they sell silver or gold bars at our local auction, they usually sell for quite a bit more than spot.... not always (because that is how I ended up with the silver bar below....but most of the time.

Second, if you put it on ebay and market it the right way, all kinds of bidiots will bid on it and I think you will do quite well.

Are you going to make a ton of money over spot..... probably not.... but I think you will definitely sell it for over spot. Simple thing to do is put it on ebay with a reserve which will be spot price or a tad under and see what happens.

Attached Files:

15. skm06

skm06 Member

Exactly. Just a joke Chris.

16. ChrisKampmann

ChrisKampmann Member

Okay, now its a little more funny! Thanks, sorry for such a wierd reaction, I looked up James Bond silver on google and was confused all to hell. Thanks for the clear up
    Chris

17. pjstack

pjstack Member

I suggest you go to the website Jaceravone supplied above and send them an e-mail (via "contact us" address) and attach your picture. Just ask them, "did you make this?".

18. mr2005

mr2005 Junior Member

what is the best place (i.e. lowest price over spot) to get silver bars?

Draft saved Draft deleted