What To Sell Silver Bullion For??

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by nds76, Feb 1, 2005.

1. nds76

nds76 New Member

I'm thinking about selling my silver maple leafs and american eagles on eBay. I have 5 maple leafs in the RCM packaging and I have 5 american eagles. So that's 10 ounces of silver. What should I charge? I was thinking starting off somewhere in the neighborhood of $100.00. What do you think? Should the price be a combination of the silver value and numismatic value? Also the maple leafs have very small mintages.

Maple Leafs 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

American Eagles 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

David

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Unless those are unusual years, the value of your rounds is almost certainly bullion +/- 10%. For a group of 10 that's very roughly in the $60-70 range. To find out what they have been going for in recent real life EBay sales, do an advanced search for completed sales.

BTW if you decide to offer them to forum members, please do so in the Open Forum or the Auction Forum, as appropriate.

4. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I'd say that is a fair price...you might get it and you might not..if someone needs them for their sets you more than likely get it...I would list the US ASE in one auction and the CSML in another.

Speedy

5. dotts

dotts New Member

Ive been looking at ebay a lot lately for different silver eagles. None of the ones that you have are unusual dates. From what Ive seen though, most of the common ones have lately been selling around the $8.00-$10.50 range. Hope this helps.

6. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Where did you see this? Rarely do they sell for less than $15 each.

7. SwendiCoin

SwendiCoin Junior Member

Look at the date on when they posted that comment! This would appear to be a resurrected thread.

8. PeacePeople

Reading original post dates could be my friend????

9. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

???????????????????????????????

10. PeacePeople

He is trying to advertise by bumping old threads.

11. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

ya, this isn't his first either.

12. garyNJ

garyNJ Junior Member

Misunderstanding

I was not trying to advertise.
    I am new to this forum and didn't realize the treads were old.
    I had a good experience with that company and they helped me out a lot so I thought i'd let people know about them. They are good for "scrap" coins and bars, etc obviously and not numismatic stuff.
    I am not affiliated with them in any way. Like I said, they helped me out (by going above and beyond when I needed some help) so I thought I'd help them.
    Sorry I got everyone all ruffled.

13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

"S.1367: Fair Treatment for Precious Metals Investors Act" proposes to change the maximum capital gains tax from 28% to 15%. A previous bill died in the last Congress...maybe this one will pass.

http://www.coinnews.net/coin-legislation/111-s1367-fair-treatment-for-precious-metals-investors-act/

Draft saved Draft deleted