What this British India Coin worth?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by spiraltreet, Jun 19, 2005.

1. spiraltreet

spiraltreet New Member

Hi.. I'm an Indian.. and i've this silver coin handed over to me by my grand dad.. I wanna know its worth... Someone please help......

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tbirde

Tbirde Senior Member

The image didn't show up for me.
    Got a description?

4. spiraltreet

spiraltreet New Member

Its a one Rupee coin... silver... 1835, the other side got a picture of William IIII, King...Thanx for replying friend..

5. spiraltreet

spiraltreet New Member

Its a One Rupee Silver coin... 1835.. East India Company.. the otherside got the head of William IIII, King

6. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Hi spiraltreet, and welcome to the forum.

Clear pictures are absolutely essential in order to attribute and evaluate this coin.

There are 11 varieties of this 11.66g, .917 silver coin of the British East India Company listed in the Standard Catalog of World Coins for 1835 (KM#s 450.1-450.4), including restrikes, and proofs, minted in both Bombay and Calcutta.

On the obverse William is facing right, with the legend "WILLIAM" to his left and "IIII KING" to his right. On the obverse the denomination is inside a wreath, with the legend 'EAST INDIA COMPANY" and the date.

Bullion value is in the US$21 range, and catalog values range from as little as $25 in XF, to as much as $750 for a couple of the proofs. In anything less than XF it is definitely worth only its weight in silver.

7. spiraltreet

spiraltreet New Member

Thanks for the reply.. Its an XF and I will keep it for myself. Thanks for the help..

Draft saved Draft deleted