What Are Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tmoneyeagles, Mar 13, 2009.

1. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

On the Presidential First Spouses?
    You collect em', you like em'?
    I love the Jackson's Liberty! :hammer:

what about y'all

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like the Jackson Liberty too.

4. tmoneyeagles

Also the Jeffersons and Van Buren, I don't like any of the others!

5. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

Can't wait 'till they get to FDR - that Eleanor was a stone babe!!!

6. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

7. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

There are a few of us on here that collect them. http://www.cointalk.com/forum/members/jaceravone/albums/30/

I have not purchased the latest one yet. I will be watching the price of gold all week and will take it week by week. If I see the price start to trend up, I will purchase this week, but if it stays the same or drops, I will wait until next week. The joy of the US mints new pricing policy. :)

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I like the Libertys. The others due to low mintages might be the sleepers.

Attached Files:

• Z9.jpg
      Z9.jpg
      File size:
      247.2 KB
      Views:
  9. tmoneyeagles

purty one chief, let me guess...sold...lol

10. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

It's another made-for-collector coin with an artificially low mintage. The US Mint has learned that people will pay premiums for coins with low mintages, so low mintages they get. There is obviously a market for them, so expect the Mint to continue pumping out coins with limited quantities. I consider them to be bullion.

11. Danr

Danr Numismatist

stunning

12. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Personally, I just sold all of my gold that remained in the collection.
    I too loved some of the Spouse coins but have since gone to 100% Paper Money.
    There are a few folks here like Jacervone that has the entire collection thus far!! Cudos to him, his collection is wonderful! For me it has been an interesting change over period from coins to Paper...especially since I was a huge bullion collector in the past!

Hats off to ya guy's...keep up the great work!

RickieB

13. tmoneyeagles

NGC Coin user Filthy Hoard, is number 1 aka, mr met here

14. RickieB

tmoneyeagles...

I am not sure what you are saying there, mind breaking it out in a more old fashioned term, please?

RickieB

15. tmoneyeagles

The number 1 in the NGC Coin Registry is Filthy Hoard, here he is known as mr met, check my friends list
    sorry

16. RickieB

Got it..thanks...

Yea, I once roamed the halls of both NGC and PCGS Reg set fourms (mostly PCGS)...I was once planning on having my collection assigned, however, I got hammered with a Paper Bug!! I let it all go...

I only needed 7 -1 oz Coins to have the entire set of Unc AGE in 69...

I just could not stomach spending all that $$$ on 70's...glad I did not as I now have an alternative pathway. It is not often you see much Paper over the Grade of 68....some exist, but not too many!

RickieB

17. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I don't usually disagree with many comments on here, but I have to say I really disagree with this. Is it a made for collector coin - yes - but isn't every coin available on the us mints website a made for collector coin? Low mintage - relatively speaking - yes. But value is determined by two things with this coin - price of gold and demand. We all know how the mint sets their prices for gold and platinum now, but none of these coins have a really big demand, so therefore, none of these coins are priced/valued higher than they would be if purchased from the mint. Saying that the mint knows that people will pay premiums for coins with low mintages so this is why they keep the mintages low doesn't make sense. This coin may have the lowest mintage set by the mint than any coin available and defintely the lowest since the mint set the 10k mintage on the reverse proof AGE, but then why doesn't the mint set lower mintages for other coins? Now I don't know why the mint chose the total mintage that they did. Maybe it was to originally create demand...... maybe it was dictated by law when these coins were authorized....maybe it was a little of both. Personally I wish the US mint would take a look at other mints in the world. Other than bullion coins, most coins maintain a mintage of 100k or less. Heck, our comms don't even come close. The only coin/s that the mint produces that have mintages of less than 100k are the first spouse coins. I don't buy them because of value... although I do hope they go up, but rather, I buy them because I like them. And that is how everyone should be buying coins anyway. More than my two cents worth...

18. covert coins

covert coins Coin Hoarder

I don't collect that series but I like some of the coins.

19. tmoneyeagles

I don't collect it either, but the jackson, jefferson, and van buren are all on my wish list

20. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Yes they are. I'm not a big fan of the silver modern commem program. The whole marketing approach for coins that (1) don't circulate as money and (2) aren't bullion is just too much of a gimmick.

21. tmoneyeagles

Wow, a lot to read! lol

Draft saved Draft deleted