were to buy bulk lots

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Jako lipo, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Jako lipo

Jako lipo New Member

im a yn and im thinking about buying some bulk unsearched world coins

does anyone know were to go preferably online were i can buy it

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Brennn10

Brennn10 Coins =

eBay?...though they are usually searched.

4. TheBigH

TheBigH Senior Member

I agree. I don't collect world coins (except from bank rolls and change), but if the eBay lots are anything like the U.S. coin lots (and I'm sure they are), you'll be hard pressed to find one that's unsearched. If you want to buy a lot to make some money or find errors/silver, then eBay lots aren't for you. If you just like the pictures on the coins (like me), then go crazy. I've always wanted to buy one of those lots, even though I know I won't find anything valuable, it's just fun to learn about the different money the countries use.

P.S., if you do buy a lot, make sure to look for a lot that isn't peppered with Canadian coins.

5. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

Annually, New York City auctions off foreign coins they pull from parking meters and such. That would be fun to search!

6. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Any public auction for coins/tokens/garbage pulled out of their parking meters, vending machines, etc... would be the closest to unsearched.

Believe it or not, many dealers that get world coins don't always know what they have (that's alot of research/knowledge to know the value of each and every world coin received. Dealers that sell them by the pound may have lots that are partially searched (things like silver and canadian may have been removed).

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I actually got a Canadian $1/2, worn nearly slick, but you could see that it was Victoria on the obverse.
    It was in a dealer's junk box.

not bad silver for 25 cents.

8. JeromeLS

JeromeLS Coin Fanatic

Dealers junk trays are best, you can get coins worth $10 there for a couple of cents if you are lucky (or clever)!!

9. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

World coins are how I got the wife hooked. She now collects coins with animals on them, and every coin show, she can be found searching the 5 for a dollar world bins.

Draft saved Draft deleted