Went to a new coin dealer today...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Phoenix21, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

and I really like this guy. He was very nice, and talked with me a bit, asked questions, etc. I got a few things, and don't think I did half bad. I got:
    100 2x2 flips for cents and dimes (then I got home and realized don't have a stapler!)
    a 41 S, 44 S, 45 S, 46 S, 47 S, 48 S, 49 S, 50 S, 51 S, and a 52 S, for ten cents each.
    A full roll of BU 1960 D Lincoln cents for $5 (10 cents a coin).
    A full roll of BU 61 D cents for $5.
    And a full roll of 68 S cents for $5 also.

I didn't have much time there ti get more, but I really like it there. Just thought I'd share.

Phoenix :cool:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

Not a bad day at the coin dealer Phoenix. Sounds as if you made out pretty well in fact. I went to a local coin show today and picked up an 1878 8tf Morgan in VF for $30 a 1938-d Walker in F for $150 and a bunch of old Washington Quarters that I needed and a new Whitman Classic Morgan Album 1892-1921. BTW....If you need a stapler, I'll let you borrow mine but I need it back by Tuesday!!

4. Phoenix21

Thanks! Sounds like you had a pretty good day too! Can you take pics or the Morgan and Walker? They sound neat. What dates of quarters did you get?

Lol, wise guy. :D

5. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

on the 60 d pennies
    I went through 5 rolls a while back and found a bunch (43) with the same die crack error. there is almost a "halo" around Lincoln's head. the cracks run almost full circle around him. I have never seen one anywhere else. Let me know if you find any!
    Ziggy

6. Phoenix21

Really, cool! I'l have to go look. Also there are a few reasons I got the 60 D roll to. :D Thanks for replying, and the tip!

7. JeromeLS

JeromeLS Coin Fanatic

What reasons ?

8. Phoenix21

The 1960 D small date is what I am searching for. And also in hopes of finding some RPM varieties too. Thanks for your inquiry. :D

9. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

nice finds pheonix!:high5:

10. Indianhead65

I'll get some pics of the Morgan and Walker and put them on here. As far as the quarters go, I bought all dates and mintmarks from 1937 to 1945. I have all of the previous years. Just doing a little at a time. Just found out that the batteries are dead in my camera, recharging them right now.

11. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

Very cool pheonix and indianhead. :thumb:

12. Phoenix21

Thanks!
    Cool. Good luck on getting pics. What condition are the quarters in? I'm guessing you have BU examples of the 32 D and 32 S, too, right? :D :D :D

Thanks!

13. libertyseated

libertyseated Senior Member

Give your eye's a break now and again from those cent rolls phoenix. Looking for those rpm's can strain them into spidervision or even worse, walleyevision.

Happy safe hunting
    Chuck

14. Phoenix21

I know, my eyes get very fuzzy after awhile, lol. I might have to limit myselfto buying a lot of them, lol. I'm giving my eyes a break for awhile. They are a neat variety to collect. :D

15. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Suggestion. If you buy a stapler try to find one that will flatten the staples completely. If not make sure you have a pair of pliers to flatten them. The reason is if not flattened they can scratch other coins when moving them.

16. Indianhead65

Yea right!!! lol I wish they were BU. Both of them are borderline VG/F grade. I'll try to get some pics on here today since I have some extra time. Got called home from work today because the wife is sick so I'll be bored and need something to do while she's in bed.;)

17. Phoenix21

Cool, thanks for the tip. I got one on Monday, for about $2 lol. But I just push them down with either my thumb or a pencil eraser. Thanks for the tip, when I generate more money I'm thinking on buying a better one.

Lol, good luck on getting pics. Hope your wife feels better, I had a sore throat for yesterday and the day before, and it was no fun lol. Hope she feels better.

Draft saved Draft deleted