WARNING, WARNING, Scam Alert

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bonedigger, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

Nice!

Looks like somebody took a belt sander to it! The coin also looks strangely like an 1803.;)

4. Ed Goldman

Ed Goldman coin collector

He say's that it has scratches on the obverse. Why do you bash his coin? No one say's that you have to buy it. It is original.

5. satootoko

satootoko Retired

There's nothing original about those scratches, especially the ones in front of Liberty's face. [​IMG]

6. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Cmon guys, A Little cleaning with the belt sander isnt all that bad.. Geez

7. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

A belt sander would ruin a very good coin.The vendor of the lot linked in Ben's posting is obviously braindead.Roy,you are right,it makes me puke.

Aidan.

8. Scubasteve500

Scubasteve500 Senior Member

how could someone use a brillo pad to clean a coin what a shame yes i have cleaned some of my coins that i regret highly but that was wen i just started collecting and didnt know much but i didnt even use a brillo pad or even a brush i just put them in silver cleaner which still makes me cringe when i think of what i did to some of my coins i will NEVER!!!!! ever make that mistake again

9. stickamw

stickamw Junior Member

Geez...at least I can admit that I am a newbie! This guy called himself experienced....jeesh.....

-- adrian

10. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

One thing which really alerts me is when you see this. Obviously not the coin advertised or having a correctly advertised coin in the wrong eBay category. You see it all the time...

Ben

11. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

I would like an somewhat related question. How do you post a link in here. I am not to good at this but have a coin I would like others to look at and would appreciate others opion.

the coin above was at one time probably nice enough in its orginal condition. what a shame

12. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

Bama...It's just a matter of cut and paste with your mouse.Just right click on the URL and copy..then paste onto your post.
    like this................ http://www.lollie.com/happy/cutandpaste.html
    Now if someone can tell ME how to keep the link but change the name.I'm sure it's simple but I've never done it.
    For instance..how to change the link I put on this post to "here" or "click"?

13. satootoko

satootoko Retired

1. Right click on the link and select "Copy" or "Copy Link Location"
    2. Type the name you want to give it in the Reply box
    3. Highlight the text
    4. Left click on the icon of a blue ball and a chain link
    5. Right click in the text box that appears and select "Paste"
    6. Wellah!

Link to CoinTalk home page. :D

14. Shortgapbob

Shortgapbob Emerging Numismatist

I'm guessing that this is simply a matter of a seller who posted a large quantity of items and mixed up a title in one of them. The category and the entire description fit in line with an 1803 half dollar, and there would certainly be no benefit for the seller to list it as an 1837 bust half, as the 1803 is a more valuable coin.

15. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

thanks guys I was close

Draft saved Draft deleted