Victorian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by sophia5892, Dec 27, 2003.

1. sophia5892

sophia5892 New Member

I'm intersted in collecting coins from Queen Victoria of England's reign. Does anyone know of any sites that sell these coins? My budget is quite limited though. Preferable UK sites but I'm not too bothered. Any help is appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. laz

laz New Member

Eventually everything comes across ebay,I'd start there. There are also alot of good British dealer's & collector's at the Yahoo coin group "British Coins " which I would recommend joining(it's free) Good luck in your search!! ~ Jim

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Sophia -

As laz said - ebay is a good place to start and there is a UK ebay. Typically - coins purchased on ebay can be purchased for less than a dealer charges. But if for some reason you do not feel comfortable with ebay - I might recommend that you look up on the net a UK dealer by the name of Chard's. They are one of the larger UK dealers.

A question though - which Victoria ? Coinage of the present Queen's reign will be a good deal cheaper than that of the previous Victoria.

5. sophia5892

sophia5892 New Member

I checked out Chard's website. Some decent victorian sets!!!!!! Thanks. I 've had trouble joining that yahoo group but I'll keep trying!!!!!!! And collectors universe forums is fantastic. Thanks!!!!!!!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted