US Buffalo Canceled!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Argento, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Argento

Argento Perplexed

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Uhhhh, this was always the plan.
    Having the Proof $50 Buffalo was always set and ready.
    The only thing that is not certain is the American Gold Eagle proof and fractionals, because there was an article that stated that the fractionals would be coming this year.

4. Argento

Argento Perplexed

I watch the Buffalos like a hawk and never saw anywhere this was planned. Not by the Mint, not by anyone.

I can see where it could be assumed that this was the plan but the Mint had never communicated those intentions.

5. tmoneyeagles

As do I, and the mint announced there would be no uncirculated $50, and no fractionals for either one.
    They announced that the $50 buffalo was going to be the only one.
    This article didn't tell anybody, anymore then we already knew.

6. Argento

Argento Perplexed

Correct, but they made no mention of the uncirc. bullion coin (without the W mint mark), which this thread refers to, as being on the chopping block, which is now the case.

7. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

While I agree with Tmoney, that that was always the plan (not to release any buffs except for the 1oz gold proof), sometimes you've gotta let the other poster get the alpha male chest thumping out of the way. Petty pickering is not a discussion. The only result of a pizzing contest is that both sides get pee'd on.

Who thinks they will axe the 1 oz gold proof buff as well?

I think it's 50/50.

Personally, I'm waiting for the 1oz W AGE. I hope that comes out this year.

8. Argento

Argento Perplexed

It's not like this is a discussion as to the existence of God. If anyone, Tmoney, andrew or otherwise knows of where this was announced, I am open to it but nobody seems to be able to produce a link or anything substantial beyond what "they thought" or "believe".

9. tmoneyeagles

The mint said $50 Proof Buffalo only! If that throws out all the other buffalos out the door, it would throw the $50 UNC Buffalo out the door as well.

10. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Ok ..ok... since no "previous announcement" can be produced, atleast by me, your post only confirmed what everyone knew was coming ..so yeah ...not a big surprise..but if you want props, I'll give you props for "breaking" the story first.

Argento is to Cointalk what TMZ (who first broke the death of MJ) is to the world media.

Congrats. Give yourself a couple pats on the back ..it's well earned. Yipeeeee. You scooped everyone else.

11. Argento

Argento Perplexed

What is it about this forum that attracts the few people left on the Internet who don't realize they have to post supporting information when they make claims?

Seriously, there is a minority of posters on this site that are stuck in 1995 when it comes to proper forum etiquette.

[​IMG]

^^^ A timely and fresh image for the people I mention in this post. To everyone else, this image is like a decade old, at least.

12. tmoneyeagles

Well Argento I guess all of us are just very knowledgeable when it comes to this, because we already knew about this, and already knew this was going to happen.

13. Argento

Argento Perplexed

At least andrew had the stones to admit he couldn't find anything other than his own delusions.

14. tmoneyeagles

Well, we already knew what you said, and the mint announced they were doing only the $50 Proof only.
    So why is this article important? IT IS NOT. It stated something we already knew.

15. the_man12

the_man12 Amateur Photographer

Come on t$ he heard it for the first time and thought it was just announced (which it may have been). No reason to get on him about that.

16. tmoneyeagles

I am not getting on him, he used quoted me out of context, and stated that this was the first time this news was released, which indeed it wasn't.
    I am just stating facts, the U.S. Mint released the info that the Proof $50 Buffalo was the ONLY buffalo getting released this year.

17. tmoneyeagles

Now we are going in circles.
    You wanted to discuss buffalos, and we will ;)
    The $50 Proof Buffalo is coming sometime soon, but we just don't know when and what pricing.
    I don't intend on buying one, because I can't afford it, but it would be nice to have.
    These might have low mintages, unlike the 2009 uncirculated $50 AGE.
    I bet all the buffalo collectors are praying for low mintages.

18. Argento

Argento Perplexed

If they did announce, then it would be public news. Since they did no such thing, there was no news of this until now.

Prove me wrong, I dare you. And by proof, I mean an actual announcement or press release, something other than the misinformation you got bouncing around in your head.

19. tmoneyeagles

Well okay then, that means in your little mind, that the 2009 fractionals will be here too right?
    No, the mint has stated that they will make the Proof $50 Gold Buffalo and the $50 Proof and Uncirculated AGE and that is it. Then on the mint's blog, they announced they might do the fractionals for the AGE this year.
    I get most of my info from elaine 1970, a respected member here on the forum
    I have better things to do with my time then come back around here, and argue this with you, because there is nothing to argue, Elaine has an inside source, and also one of my friends who called mint, re confirmed information regarding the 2009 Fractionals, and $50 UNC Buffalo.
    I knew a long time ago that there would be no $50 UNC buffalo.

20. Argento

Argento Perplexed

This is that misinformation I was talking about.

21. tmoneyeagles

And here is one link.

http://mintnewsblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/us-mint-cuts-product-offerings-by-60_10.html

I took the first two from the list on the link

Draft saved Draft deleted