UPDATE on 1969S Unc Lincoln Roll on eBay

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by PennyGuy, Jun 21, 2009.

1. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

We had a lot of fun a while back regarding this eBay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290319040667

This is the guy that threatened to ban bidders who did not bid seriously on his auction for a Unc roll of 1969 S Lincolns. Well, looks like he had 4 offers that he refused, and nobody wanted to pay $7.00 each for the roll, so zero (0) bids.

Looks like we might get a round two chance on this item. :rolling:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

"I UNDERSTAND THAT MOST EBAYERS ARE SEARCHING FOR BARGAINS."

My goodness. This doesn't apply to anyone bidding in this auction.

I like memorials and think they are grossly undervalued but this is an order of magnitude more than they'd be worth even with a huge spike in demand (as seems to be occurring). The simple fact is that there are substantial numbers of these set aside in rolls for all dates. There are lots fewer than in the pre-'64 days but those numbers were simply enormous while the later coins are substantial. The '69-S is a desirable coin in gem or chGem but it's not even be worth $7 a roll now and this is much more true if it's known in advance that there are no gems or DDO's.

4. Danr

Danr Numismatist

"Feedback: 93.8 % Positive"

That is about the lowest rating I have EVER seen on EBAY.

5. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

6. PennyGuy

If he reposts the roll I might be convinced to bid ABOVE Greysheet ask of $2.40, maybe something like $2.50. :D Wonder what he would do?

7. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Wow, I love this auction...there are so many funny quotes. I mean, look at all these:

and my personal favorite...(drum roll please)...

Oh, and apparently he offers free shipping through the method of "local pickup." At least he doesn't charge extra to let you drive over and get the item.

Yeah, I'll be bidding on his items in the near future. :rolling:

8. PennyGuy

Camero, You should write comedy scripts....:D:D:D

9. Sholom

Sholom retired...

Except he'd have to give a royalty to the ebay seller :D, who wrote the funniest lines himself! Sheeesh!! :rolling:

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

"price: US $21,000,000.00

Best offer: US $99.95 "

They are both idiots.

11. Treashunt

my favorite:
    "BIDDERS THAT HAVE NOT READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION OR DECIDE TO LOW BID ANYWAY, WILL BECOME PART OF MY BLOCKED BIDDERS LIST. "

All that I can say is: Thank you! Please block me.

12. Sholom

Sholom retired...

Good point! If we get blocked, then that will stop us from ever accidentally bidding on one of his items! :thumb:

13. sweet wheatz

sweet wheatz Senior Member

The idiot would not even accept paypal. Thats what ebay uses. What a dufus!

14. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I thought sellers on eBay were required to at least offer paypal these days.

15. justndav76

justndav76 Member

Well I have a roll of 1969 S Pennies still in the original Federal Reserve Bank wrapping... the two visible on the ends are very brilliant looking.. wonder if I should list them on the bay and ask for some rediculous price. This guy is honestly nuts.

16. Treashunt

17. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

If I understand this the seller has received nine feedbacks in the past year and a half. I feel this is a case of someone that is just not in touch with the hobby.

18. PennyGuy

I see he is willing to:
    I WILL PLACE EACH COIN WITHIN INDIVIDUAL CARDBOARD/ MYLAR HOLDERS, ....FOR ENJOYABLE, EASY VIEWING AND PROTECTION AGAINST THE ELEMENTS.
    This must account for the price increase. :rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

He has also added:
    "ADDITIONALLY, I WILL ONLY ENGAGE IN EMAIL CONVERSATIONS WITH BIDDERS WHO HAVE OFFERED CONSIDERABLE BIDS."
    Must have been getting too much email. :)

19. MattJW

MattJW 7 Iron Surgeon

And wait best of all, he only offers Local Pickup for the roll of 69-S's!!!!!!! What a winner. I wish I got an opportunity to put an offer in on that 23' peace dollar, I could've retired at 25. :rolleyes: People like that have a chemical imbalance of sorts. Lol

20. pennywise

pennywise Collector of dust

The more I read this morons description, the more I laugh, "I will place each coin in a mylar holder to protect it from the elements". I guess thats in case you forget and leave them in the back of your pickup truck after you drive over to get them!!!

21. PennyGuy

Now that there's funny :D

Wait, I drive a pickup ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted