Unofficial American Coins Issue Plan for 2009

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by fah, Aug 25, 2008.

1. fah

fah New Member

Hello. Here, in Europe all central banks or mints always publishes complete issue plan of all coins for next year (for example: http://nbp.pl/en/banknoty/kolekcjonerskie/plan_2008_en.pdf). US Mint doesn't make such plan, so I decided to make complete issue plan of all American coins for 2009 individually. There are working version below. What do you think about it? Did I forgot about anything? Did I make any mistakes?

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

fah,

Nice diagram. However there is going to be the new Lincoln Penny coming out with 4 different Reverses. Might want to add them. Off the top of my head that is the best I can think of.

Regards,
    S

4. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Nice work FAH! You may want to note that there will be 5 First spouse coins released next year. Both of president Tyler's wives will have their own coin. Also, the mint will most likely release the 10 coin NASA comm set. 9 silver dollars and 1 gold $50 comm piece.

5. fah

fah New Member

But 50th anniversary of NASA and JCP is in 2008. In 2009 will be 51st anniversary! :rolling:

6. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

here is an awesome article to read:p

Here is an article I found in this weeks Numismatic Newspaper. Thought I would share it with you.

By Daniel Knauth

I have become more and more frustrated with the United States Mint over the last several years. It seems to me that the Mint has forgotten that it's relationship with collectors is a symbolic one, and that many of the Mint's policies and practices have failed to adequately protect the collectors upon which it relies.

edited

END

I have copied this text by hand, any errors in this article are most likely mine, and not that of the author nor the paper to which I have taken this from, Numismatic News August 19th, 2008 Vol. 57, No. 34.

Regards, S

I'm really sorry you went to all that trouble, but posting copyrighted material is not allowed.

Draft saved Draft deleted