Uncirculated War coinage from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Jess, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Jess

Jess Senior Member

At our recent coin club meeting, I picked up the folling 3 pieces of silver uncirculated coinage from the Netherlands. All coins are dated 1944, all are silver and uncirculated. The 1 Gilder has some rub marks but the 25 cent and 10 cent are near perfect. My current World coin book is 3 years old anyone want to estimate value if any? I normally don't collect world coins but these wer 2 pretty to pass on. Thanks for any help Jess

Bradley Trotter likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

Double check the mint marks. I think these all appear for other countries with different MM's. The Dutch issues are fairly easily obtained but tend to bring a good price anyway.

PS - I might be inclined to post here more if the title my my name ever disappears.

4. Tbirde

Tbirde Senior Member

The 1944 10c would have one of 3 mint marks, P, D or S, with the the P being most common and worth up to maybe $1.50 in Unc., the D being very scarce and the S being worth maybe $10 in Unc. The 25c was only minted in Philadelphia and may be worth up to about $2.50 in Unc. There were two different Guilder designs with the 1944P date, the first with the legend ending below the queen's bust being worth up to about $300 if Unc and the second with the legend ending before the edge of the bust being worth up to maybe $45 in Unc.

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

PS - I might be inclined to post here more if the title my my name ever disappears.[/quote]

Just a few more post and it will be gone clad :wink:

6. Jess

Jess Senior Member

Thanks guys for the input. Jess

Draft saved Draft deleted