UA paper money - does anyone need them ???

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by 123coin123, Aug 21, 2008.

1. 123coin123

123coin123 Junior Member

Could You please let me know - does Ukrainian paper Hrivnyas have some value out of Ukraine?..

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

thats a good question. Are you talking numismatic value, or an exchange value? I have a couple notes on my site that i recieved in large lots, so the notes themselves didnt really have any individual value. But numismaticaly, older notes will always have some value! Some can be very expensive, while alot of others are very common and not worth alot.
    My currency converter tells me 1 US dollar is worth 4.62 Hrivnyas. And that is just the exchange rate. I dont have my books here at my office, but if you have specific notes you would like values for, just post the info for them, or images.

If you are looking to sell Ukraine notes at face value, asking in a thread is a violation of the forums rules. If you would like to do just that, post a thread in the open forum ... i am certain some of the world note collectors would answer you call :rolleyes: :D

4. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

They only have value to collectors, they are difficult to exchange outside of Ukraine. I have a pile of UA 1, 2, 5 Hryven notes that are all circulated that I am taking back in a few weeks to spend. The other denominations I keep, because they are 50 Hryvnia, 200 Hryvnia and they are uncirculated and have value outside of UA to collectors and myself. I particularly like the 200 Hryvnia note because of it's having the portrait of Lesya Ukrainka, a famous poetess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Nice note. I have a 1993 - 5000 Bill, which I have no idea what the denomination is, other than 5000 ? It has the letters YKPAIHA and also KYNOH ( I think). Can you tell me something about this bill ? I assume from the postings above, that this is an Ukraine bill.

I would post a picture, but I can't find the icon for adding photos.

6. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

I found the right link to posting the photo's, Here is the picture;

Attached Files:

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The kupon, or Karbovnets bills were the immediate replacement for the USSR rubles when Ukraine became independent in 1991. The Karbovnets currency quickly lost value due to inflation, and it was not until 1996 when they were exchanged 1 Million : 1 Hryvnia. Inflation was something new to most Ukrainians because during the USSR era inflation did not exist with the central planning of the communist system. The Karbovnets bills were something of a scorned currency, many I have talked to thought of them as some sort of play money as they were rather cheaply printed and did not "feel" like money.

8. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Thanks Scotty,

Does this mean I am a millionere ?

9. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

depends on the currency but yes all of us on the forum are :D

10. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

I can easily have 10 Billion of 'something' :D so yes, i am a billionaire :p and always looking for me lol

11. sachi

sachi New Member

hi frds
    i wanted to ask 18yrs back my dad had given me 50000 kynoh ykpaiha .... its 1993 note ... can ny1 plzz help mee ... i need to know if its of ny value
    thanx

12. noob76

noob76 Member

not that much.

13. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

Not all of us :(

14. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

This is Coin Talk, not Twitter.

15. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

Your tweet is noted :)

16. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

What you have, I suppose, is a 50,000 Karbovantsiv (Карбованець) bill. While you cannot redeem that old note any more, it may have some value for collectors. Here is one (1994 though) that the seller wants $12 for. Don't know whether the price is realistic, and whether it would also apply to a '93 note. Also keep in mind that the value depends on the condition of a note ...

Christian

17. sangay dema

sangay dema New Member

I have kynoh 50000 note 1993 [edited - no buying/selling in this forum]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted