U.S.A. $1 bills with odd serial numbers.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Aidan Work, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

How many of you have had an American $1 bill (or any other denomination) with an odd serial number? I got paid US$5 in $1 bills on the weekend.When I got home,I saw that 2 of them had very unusual serial numbers.

The first one I have currently is a 2001 with the serial number L 09893444 L. This note is a very unlucky numbered note.I showed this to a Chinese guy,who was very surprised,as 4 is the unlucky number,because its pronounciation in Mandarin Chinese is the same as the word for 'death'.

The second one I have currently is a 2003 with the serial number B 77291666 E. We all know that 666 is the very unlucky number,as it is the number of the Devil.Someone has written on the left hand end 'www.wheresgeorge.com' facing out.On the back at the bottom,they have written 'Track this dollar at www.wheresgeorge.com'. I am going to look up this website for a bit of fun.

Aidan.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

That's interesting, hope everything stays all right for you and that you dont die or something.
    I've never been on the www.wheresgeorge.com website, tell me how it is.

4. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

YNcoinpro_U.S., I had a look at that website.It is aimed at only Americans & Canadians.New Zealanders cannot sign up to this website,as we don't have Zip codes (postal codes) at all.

Aidan.

5. Pete P.

Pete P. Senior Member

I can sign ya up, PM me a username and password of your choice :)

6. crispy1995

crispy1995 Spending Toms like crazy**

So glad to see the Paper Money forum alive again; it is my favorite (and something that I know about!!!). Your numbers may be interesting and valuable to you (and that's the great thing about our art), but really won't fetch you anything over face. I had a $10 bill with like, ****6666**, but wan't worth much to me, and spent it. I do have a 13131324 (or something like that). Check for solids (A 11111111 A), repeats ( A 12121212 A ), low numbers ( A 00000001 ), star notes ( A 897571468 * ), Radars ( the same number whether read back or forward-- A 12344321 B - Called a True Radar if the pre- and suffixes form part of the radar.

WHOO! Load of info. Knew that off the top of my head....

7. Pete P.

Pete P. Senior Member

I like funny number too, but have different views on them....
    Repeats are nice. A55155355F etc.
    Mathmatical constants are nicer. A31415926A etc.
    Long strings nicer yet. A22222282A etc.

Star notes are between repeats and math, but only when crisp and consecutive of 2 or more.

8. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

i really want a 06660666 bill. :)

so far the most repeating ive seen is: triple numbers, and a 313132xx

9. happycobra

happycobra Senior Member

I’m always looking through my bills for those LEET speak dollars.
    bills with.
    _1337_ _ _ _ _
    L337_ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ 1337_
    _ _ _ _ _133T
    and so on.

no luck yet.

10. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

I have got a few notes with serial numbers ending in 666,
    which is one of inappropriate language 2 lucky numbers.
    The other is 13.Seriously,one of my notes is a Scots 1 Quid note from one of the trading banks which no longer exists.

Aidan.

11. crispy1995

crispy1995 Spending Toms like crazy**

Forgot-- there's also notes (forget what they're called) that are like a math problem...

A 12325490 A

1 + 2 = 3 + 2 = 5 + 4 = 9

A 09452321 A

9 - 4 = 5 - 2 = 3 - 2 = 1

12. karrlot

karrlot Senior Member

Here is a really funny site. Sometimes you get a number with a really high UCI, but it doesn't look cool at all. Sometimes you have a really cool one that doesn't get a high score. Its still pretty funny to see.

http://www.coolnumbers.com/UCI.html

I pulled the bill on my avatar out of circulation back in the late 80's. Its my favorite thing I've ever found in circulation.

13. Pete P.

Pete P. Senior Member

Wow, is that site cool! My all-time high (after about 10 min of inputting numbers) is my $1 bill with serial F18333333F :) 99.05% Cool!

And hey: Your 00000001 is the collest number on record!!! Seriously!!! 99.81% Submit it!!

14. karrlot

karrlot Senior Member

I did, but they didn't put it on their gallery. I don't think they are updating it anymore. I have another bill that is in the mid three digits (like 00000500) or something like that. It would be in their gallery too, but they didn't update it.

15. Pete P.

Pete P. Senior Member

Aw man.... You definitly have the record, though :)

16. bromac4

bromac4 Senior Member

Here is a scan of my 2 number radar. I have several Canadian radar bills but this is my only U.S. I think there is more interest in these for Canadian collectors. A comparable Canadian note would be worth about $75.00 and I know I didn't pay nearly that much for this one.

Bill

Attached Files:

17. Pete P.

Pete P. Senior Member

Too bad it's not a true radar :) J/K Wonderful example.

18. bromac4

bromac4 Senior Member

Canadian notes don't have a letter at the end so that's not an issue for us.

Bill

19. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Well you could enter in the APO or FPO that's nearest to where you live in New Zealand. That's what I did when I entered bills while I was stationed in Korea.

20. Here are a few of mine. Please to enjoy.:D

Attached Files:

loopytoad74 likes this.
  21. Pie

Pie New Member

What about Star notes?

Draft saved Draft deleted