"The Silver Story" Contains 1957B Silver Certificate, 1921 Morgan, 1922 Peace etc.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by mkulikow, Jun 14, 2009.

1. mkulikow

mkulikow Junior Member

OK,

More stuff from my childhood dug form the parents safe (see eighth of $2 star notes in paper money section".

This is a booklet titled "The Silver Story". It contains a short writeup and says "(c) A Product of Treasure Album Dist.". It also contains a 1957 B silver certificate, serial number X42695886A G3/G786. It also contains a 1921 Morgan type coin with some tarnish, not sure how it never has left this card. A 1922 Peace type with Trust spelled Trvst, it is DEFINITELY not a U unless this is how a U was done on coins of this era. It also has some silver granules, not sure of total weight.

Has anyone ever seen these before? I couldn't use the flash because of the glare off the plastic but I can try and get better pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Mike

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

Yes many times and that's the way the "U" in trust is

Yes many times and that's the way the "U" in trust is supposed to be - the artist and or designer has the liberty to spell that way if they choose to and if it's accepted by the mint.
    Many, many of these sets were made - we see them all the time come into coin shows and shops. Some are nice and some are junk. I'm not sure what they sold for but I bet the value has not caught up to the original price yet - it's one of those type collections that were advertised and promoted but were always hyper-inflated.

4. mkulikow

mkulikow Junior Member

Re:

Ah, the fate of the Elvis collectors plates :mouth:

5. mkulikow

mkulikow Junior Member

Re:

Would it be worth taking the certificate and 2 coins out and selling them outright?

6. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

Whatever you want to do has it has no added value

Whatever you want to do has it has no added value as is except as conversation piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted