the new 5 pound note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by guy, Jul 7, 2004.

1. guy

guy New Member

sorry i know it has got nothing to with american money but it just struck me today, anyone that lives in the uk and are hording there 5 pound notes (unless you are collecting them) change them up quickly they have realeased a new 5 pound note and the old ones are not valid so i advise you to change them up!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Guy,what does the new English 5 Quid note look like?

Aidan.

4. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

So what!!!

I am sure that all countries are welcome here, and many people already collect foreign coins/notes. And the ones that don't might start if we get some interesting stuff about them on the Forum.

I have a 5 but I think it is before the series being phased out now. It was from 1997. It is well worn, so I did not want to keep it. I had thought the Bank of England would still them.

5. kon

kon Junior Member

Hello guy!
    By the new £5 note do you mean the one issued in 2002 with the hologram?

6. sylvester

sylvester New Member

Yes i think he did mean that. They weren't exactly new even when he posted that.

7. SanMiguel

SanMiguel - pro patria vigilans -

heheh...aidan responded a year late to guy,who was two years late about the notes. someone remember to bring this thread back three years from now. :D

8. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Always Right

I got an oldie at the bank the other day, a series 1981 $100 bill. I haven't seen any of the old notes save an occasional $10 or $20 in years.

Draft saved Draft deleted