thanks!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by rick, Jul 28, 2004.

1. rick

rick Coin Collector

I just wanted to give a thanks to this website, and everyone here.

I haven't been able to gab about coins, without people rolling their eyes at me, ever! There aren't many collectors in my neck of the woods (or plains, in this case), and no clubs or associations...

I thank you, and my wife (who doesn't have to sit and humor me as much) thanks you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ziggy29

ziggy29 Senior Member

But she can still say, "you paid *how much*? For a little round piece of metal? :D

4. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

Don't feel bad-my husband does the same thing. It's not till we make a profit on it that he says what a good deal I found :D

5. ziggy29

ziggy29 Senior Member

Ha! In our household, I have to remind my wife that at least *my* hobbies hold their value over time, and probably appreciate in value in the long run. Her trips to the mall don't do that! ;)

6. National dealer

National dealer New Member

Rick,

Believe me, when I say that quite a few of us are very happy to have a place to talk coins.

7. jody526

jody526 New Member

Hey rick,

I'd like to thank you too, as well as everyone else that makes this such a great place to discuss our hobby.

BTW, my wife asked me if I had enough coins yet.

8. Ed Zak

Ed Zak New Member

Holding a piece of history in your hand and the stories that coin "could tell" makes it worth it for me!

Also it is great to own something real that a coin is worth _____ dollars! Too often you see your assets on paper, whereas coins are real!

Shiver me timbers, where are me pieces of eight? Must go count them...

9. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

Is it possible to have enough coins???? :D

10. joecoin

joecoin New Member

ANd what was your reply?

11. jody526

jody526 New Member

My reply was, "Of course not. I don't have them all." ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted