"Swan" Indian Wheat Cent 1900

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Kiyoshi21, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Kiyoshi21

Kiyoshi21 New Member

This is my first time posting in the forum but I have a quick question concerning a penny. I discovered this Indian Cent while going through an estate that was passed down to me by my grandparents. I found this one to be very interesting it seems to have the impression of a bird of some kind I think swan, flying over some trees. I just woundered if it had any kind of value what so ever. The coin is obviosuly a little worn but pretty good detail from 1900. I have pictures just click the hyper link below. If you have any idea about this coin please I would like to hear about it! The pictures were the best I have gotten so far if need be I could try and get better ones. Thanks for the help! :D

Click to view "Swan" Indian Cent

Kurt

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

This coin is damage and has no value to most collectors...it was a 1900 cent and someone placed a mark over top of it.

Speedy

4. Kiyoshi21

Kiyoshi21 New Member

Alright

Thank you for the info, had a feeling it had no value! :(

Kurt

5. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Well as I said...to most collectors it has no value...to some it might be worth a few dollars.

Speedy

6. ajm229

ajm229 Lincoln Cent Collector

Lol! I think my stubbornness might be taking hold! Just kidding! ;)

7. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

if you were able to track down the meaning of the swan imprint it might be worth more to a collector of that type of thing than a coin collector.

8. Kiyoshi21

Kiyoshi21 New Member

Swan

Thank you all for your help, I will see what I can do about finding any background meaning of the "Swan." Thanks Again!

Draft saved Draft deleted